MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The "New York Indie Cine Festival" mission is to celebrate the independent motion picture and literary arts by providing a platform for filmmakers and writers to have their work awarded and screened.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Welcome to the 2023 New York Indie CineFest (NCF) in the true spirit of the city of NY, champions independent cinema that isn't afraid to push boundaries. The festival showcases emerging and established filmmaking talent from New York and around the world.
Showcase your film at the New York Indie CineFest! Network with filmmakers and industry members from across the globe! Plus, your chance to win awards and potentially lock down a distribution deal with our partnered film distributors.
With that, we just partnered with an online filmmakers network, and this year all of our winners will be automatically invited to join and connect with film industry personnel in this exciting new way!
What better place to screen your work than in the heart of New York City? Submit now to be featured as part of the 2022 New York Indie CineFest!
Awards are presented in the following categories by the Festival Jury
All winners will receive Trophy, Certificates & Cash Prices.
Awards & Prizes are only one part of this great festivals amenities. Don't miss out on this great opportunity and festival to get your name and projects recognition out there.
The New York Indie Cine Fest will present cash awards in the following categories for 2022 winners at the Festival.
$1,000 Cash Prize for Best Narrative Feature
$1,000 Cash Prize for Best Documentary Feature
$500 Cash Prize for Best Narrative Short
$500 Cash Prize for Best Documentary Short
$500 Cash Prize for Best Music
& more to all other Categories.
* Certificates and Trophy over 36 categories and opportunities to collect on!
• Best Feature Film
• Feature Documentary
• Short Film
• Short Documentary
• Best Covid19 Film
• Super Short Film
• Student Film
• Music Video
• Web/TV Series
• Experimental Film
• Animated Film
• Inspirational Film
• Drama Short Film
• Comedy Short Film
• Horror Short Film
• Thriller Short Film
• Action Short Film
• Sci-Fi Short Film
• Fantasy Short Film
• LGBTQ Short Film
• Best Poster
• Best Photography
• Best Short Script
• Best Feature Script
The following awards can be assigned for short or feature films, any genre:
• Best Editing
• Best Makeup and Hairstyling
• First Time Director
• Director Feature Film
• Director Short Film
• Director Super Short Film
• Best Actress
• Best Actor
• Best𝖙 Cinematography
• Best Original Screenplay
• Best Costume Design
Films are nominated by the selection committee
A) Eligibility Requirements
1. We accept films of all genres.
2. Films completed on or after January 1, 2016 are eligible for considerations.
3.All entries must be either in English or subtitled in English. Dialogue lists are not accepted.
4. Multiple entries from the same submitter are accepted. A separate submission and a separate entry fee must accompany each entry.
5. Short films must be under 40 minutes and features should be 40 mins and over.
6. Only HD format films are screen at festival.
7. Entrants confirm and warrant required legal authority to submit the entry to the Festival and to use all music, images, and content in the entry.
B) Submission Guidelines
1. Only complete entries (including fee payment and screener) will be considered.
2. Entrants are permitted to submit works-in-progress (i.e., without final color correction or sound mixing), but please note that the programming committee will only consider the version submitted. Subsequent cuts or replacement copies will only be accepted at the request of the programming committee.
C) Judging & Selection
Films are selected for Festival presentation by the New York Indie CineFest programming committee. If a film is selected, the Festival office will contact the entrant by phone or email. The Festival does not provide feedback or screening notes to entries that are not selected.
All competitive film categories are judged during the Festival.
D) Entry Fees
Each entry must be accompanied by the appropriate entry fee. Entry fees are not refundable. Fees cover registration, registration notification, consideration by the programming department, and notification of the results. These fees may be paid by credit card (VISA, MasterCard, or American Express).