* READ CAREFULLY THE RULES AND REGULATIONS *
Among the most important Italian Fantastic film festivals, TOHORROR FILM FEST starts from cinema and then explores all possible means of communication, with the purpose of analysing contemporary society through the deforming lenses provided by the fantastic and horror culture. Thus, through the young authors’ videos and the films made by more expert directors, the meetings, the theatrical performances, the concerts, the art and comics exhibitions, we are enabled to interpret reality, filtering it through a most wild imagination.
After Master Dario Argento, godfather of our first edition, other famous guests have honoured us with their presence in the last years: namely, Massimo Picozzi, Ruggero Deodato, Jean Rollin, Richard Stanley, Aldo Lado, Andreas Marchall, Richard Cherrington, Claudio Simonetti, Sergio Stivaletti, Antonio Caronia, John Duncan, Federico Zampaglione, Ivan Zuccon, Alda Teodorani, Claudio Chiaverotti, Alessandra C., John Carr, Lorenzo Bianchini, Forzani&Cattet and many others...
- Miglior Cortometraggio / Best Short Film
- Miglior Lungometraggio / Best Feature Film
- Migliore sceneggiatura / Best Screenplay (Italian only)
- Premio del pubblico al miglior cortometraggio / Audience Award for the best short
- Premio del pubblico al miglior lungometraggio / Audience Award for the Best Feature
- Premio “Anna Mondelli” per la miglior opera prima o talento giovanile / “Anna Mondelli” Award for the Best First Film or Young Talent
- Premio “Antonio Margheriti” per la miglior inventiva artigianale / “Antonio Margheriti” Award for the most creative artisanal FX
- Bloody Award ai migliori effetti speciali / Bloody Award to the best FX
- Menzione Speciale del TOHorror / Special Mention of the TOHorror crew
*READ CAREFULLY - IT'S SHORT I PROMISE*
1) The festival is structured in the following categories:
Shortfilms (less than 30 minutes)
Web series (episodes with a lenght inferior to 20 minutes each)
Feature films (more than 70 minutes. 50 minutes for documentary)
Screenplays (max 20 pages) - ONLY FOR ITALIAN AUTHORS (contact directly the festival)
2) Each author is responsible for the contents of its own work.
3) If the dialogues of the film are not in Italian, the film must be completed by Italian or English subtitles. If you don't have Italian subtitles, it's necessary in case of selection to send us the English subtitles in SRT format and the dialogue list.
If, once selected, you can't provide a SRT with the subtitles in English or Italian, the movie might be dismissed from the selection.
4) Movies received without the requested documentation or sent after the deadline could be excluded from the selection.
5) You will find the screenings program of the selected works on the official website www.tohorrorfilmfest.it before the beginning of the Festival itself. Judges will examine each work and award one for each category.
6) In case of selection, a H264 copy of the film must be sent to the festival 3 weeks before the beginning of the event. The copy must be free of any subtitles (or ONLY with Italian subtitles burned in). In case you don't have the Italian subtitles, you must send the English subtitles (even in case of English dialogues) in SRT format. We will create the Italian subtitles that we can send you after the festival if you want to.
7) Once selected, a film can't be overdrawn from the competition.
8) The jury or the audience will assign the following awards:
Best Short Film.
Best Feature Film.
Best Screenplay (only for Italians authors).
Audience Award for the best short.
Audience Award for the best feature.
“Anna Mondelli” award for the best first film.
“Antonio Margheriti” award for the artisanal creativity.
Bloody Award for the best FX.
Special Mention of the TOHorror crew.
9) TOHorror Film Fest will not take charge of awards shipping in case the winners can't attend the day of the proclamation.
10) The festival will not pay any screening fee to the authors/distributors of the selected films.
11) The demand for participation in the TOHORROR FILM FEST 2018 - XVIIIth EDITION constitutes full and unconditional acceptance of this regulation.