"𝑬𝒎𝒑𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒗𝒐𝒊𝒄𝒆𝒔, 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒖𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈"
Welcome to the Berlin International Screenwriting Festival, where we celebrate the art of storytelling and screenwriting from around the globe. Our festival brings together writers and industry professionals to discover and support new talents in the world of screenwriting.
Our mission is to empower voices and shape the future of storytelling by providing a space for writers to share their work and gain exposure. We are dedicated to discovering new voices in the world of screenwriting and providing them with a platform to showcase their work.
Our dedicated and experienced reviewers plays a pivotal role in shaping the festival's success. They bring a wealth of industry knowledge and expertise, ensuring that each submitted screenplay receives the attention it deserves. They took a part in well-known festivals, including Austin Film Festival.
We believe that everyone has a story to tell and we are committed to providing a platform for writers from all backgrounds and experiences to share their work with the world. We accept submissions from writers of all levels of experience and from all around the world. Whether you are a new writer with a fresh voice, or an established writer looking for a new platform to showcase your work, we want to hear from you.
Join us at the Berlin International Screenwriting Festival and be a part of shaping the future of storytelling!
We are fully dedicated to providing exceptional service or support and are always here to assist you.
Grand Prize at the Berlin International Screenwriting Festival will be awarded to the winner of the Best Short Script and Best Feature Script category. This prestigious award is designed to acknowledge and celebrate the exceptional talent and imagination of the winning screenwriter, and could serve as an invaluable resource for advancing their career within the industry. This recognition is a testament to the writer's dedication and potential in their craft, and is a well-deserved recognition of their efforts.
The overall recognition and appreciation that comes with winning a category at the Berlin International Screenwriting Festival can be a powerful force in propelling a screenwriter's career to new heights.
GRAND PRIZE WINNER
Prize of 300€ in following services:
1. Promotional service which includes PROMO ON OUR SOCIAL MEDIAS + INTERVIEW is an opportunity for you to speak about your work and career to a wider audience.
2. Extra professional review with evaluation of your script by renowned screenwriter.
1) Judges, as well as members of our team and other sponsors are not eligible to enter the competition, nor are their affiliates or immediate family members.
2) All scripts must be submitted in English.
3) Once a script has been entered into competition, we will not accept substitutions or revised drafts. If you wish to submit a revised draft of your script, you must enter it as a new submission.
4) All writers’ names should be listed in the online entry form, “written by” credits are optional on the script/pilot file itself. By submitting online to the Berlin International Screenwriting Festival, entrant warrants that all writers have authorized the submission. If a screenplay is written by multiple authors, all cash and awards will be remitted to the entrant of record, with all proceeds to be divided at the writers’ discretion.
5) We accept screenplays only in one of the following formats: .PDF, Final Draft, Movie Magic Screenwriter, Microsoft Word, Rich Text Format, or Text.
6) Entries will not be returned. Be sure to retain a copy of all material submitted.
7) Entrants of Berlin International Screenwriting Festival retain all rights to their screenplays.
8) Entries must be received by the applicable Entry Deadline.
9) Berlin International Screenwriting Festival will not share your screenplay with anyone except the official judges of the competition without prior permission.
10) By entering the Berlin International Screenwriting Festival, you represent that your entry is your original work, and does not infringe on the copyright or other rights of other people or legal entities.
11) Entry fees are non-refundable.
12) Entrants can include author and/or contact information on their entry’s cover page at their own discretion, but it is not required.
13) The decisions of the judges are final.
14) Our festival reserves the rights to change, cancel or re-schedule the dates, awards & categories. All submitters will be informed about any changes through email and our online platforms. Competition staff reserves the right to substitute any advertised prize for another prize of similar value.
15) By submitting to this festival, you agree to our terms and conditions and to receiving marketing newsletters and discounts about film or screenplay festivals in the form of emails. We will never sell your information to third parties.
16) The festival authorities have rights to use freely available photos, promotional material and information about our submitters and these materials can be used for educational, promotional or commercial purposes.
𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞: Please make sure that you have read and understand all the rules and terms before submitting your screenplay to the Berlin International Screenwriting Festival. Submitting your screenplay to the festival means that you have agreed to abide by all the rules and terms.