Canada’s Premier International Digital Series Festival will be celebrating the 4th annual event March 17-19 2017. Vancouver Web Fest (VWF) celebrates the progressive evolution of entertainment and programming created exclusively for the Internet. This uniquely diverse festival was the first of its kind in Canada, fifth in the world with its inception in 2013. VWF brings together International and Canadian digital series creators, producers and their teams along with viewers through an engaged and responsive forum that acknowledges the cultural significance of this revolutionary medium.
The three-day festival will host workshops, keynote speakers, launch party, screenings, pitch sessions, facilitate panels featuring industry experts, networking opportunities and conclude with an awards ceremony & gala. This unique festival creates an experience that brings people together to discover extraordinary digital series and web content from around the world. VWF fosters a welcoming environment that encourages the exploration into new formats of storytelling and acts as a forerunner in web content.
Early Submissions: August 1st - August 31st ($45)
Regular Submissions: September 1st - September 30th ($55)
Late Submissions: October 1st - October 31st ($65)
Awards & Prizes
"BEST OF" awards will be given in the following genres: Action/Adventure, Animation, Comedy, Drama, Family, Fantasy, Horror, Musical, Mystery/Thriller, Science Fiction, Documentary & Reality.
Other awards include BEST: Overall, Foreign, Canadian, Best of BC (British Columbia), Actor, Actress, Director, Cinematography, Editing, Original Score, Special Effects, Visual Effects, Screenplay & Sound Design
**All winners will receive a beautiful custom engraved lead crystal trophy, Adobe packages, in-kind and many other prizes.
Rules & Terms
If webseries is not available on the web, please post series to video hosting site of your choice. Once posted, please provide Vancouver Web Fest access. If series is available on the web privately, please provide Vancouver Web Fest access.
1. Submission fees are non-refundable
2. Submission payment made through FilmFreeway
3. Payment must be completed at the time of submission
Early Entry (Aug 1st, 2016 - Aug 31st, 2016) Entry Fee: $45 (USD)
Regular Entry (Sept 1st, 2016 - Sept 30th, 2016) Entry Fee: $55 (USD)
Late Entry (Oct 1st, 2016 - Oct 31st, 2016) Entry Fee: $65 (USD)
1. All submitters must be 18 years or older.
2. Must have three (3) or more completed webisodes – all completed webisodes of the Webseries (for the season being submitted) must be submitted for consideration. Once a webseries is selected, submitter may choose webisode(s) for screenings. Each selected episode must, at that time, be uploaded via Dropbox (link to be provided).
3. Maximum length will be 20 minutes per episode. (See Criteria for “Official Selections” below for more information)
4. All submissions must include:
• a short synopsis of the submitted Webseries
• a complete list of credits.
5. Genre Categories include
Please choose a genre that best depicts your webseries - one genre per webseries entry. Pornography will not be accepted. If Vancouver Web Fest determines that the incorrect genre may have been chosen, we will contact the submitter regarding reclassification.
6. Each applicant may submit more than one webseries, however, each webseries must have a separate submission form and entry fee.
7. The same webseries may be submitted for entry into more than one genre. However, a separate submission form and submission fee must be paid for each entry.
8. All non-English submissions must either be dubbed in English or have English subtitles.
9. All entries must be the intellectual property of the submitter(s) or submitter(s) must have permission for use of all content rights including music contained in their web series.
10. No proxy submissions.
11. Vancouver Web Fest reserves the rights to use all material submitted including name of webseries, video clips (trailer, teaser) for presentation of awards and promotional material.
12. Once selected, a submitter will receive a detailed instruction package explaining how to upload their selected episodes.
13. Official Judges (National & International) will be selected by Vancouver Web Fest’s Board of Directors and will judge all webseries submitted and decisions are final.
14. All webseries submitted will be judged according to the same criteria.
15. Participants of the Vancouver Web Fest agree to not hold Vancouver Web Fest, its employees, directors and representatives responsible for any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the event or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of any prize.
16. Vancouver Web Fest reserves the right to amend guidelines, selection criteria, awards, screening, and activities if necessary.
17. All Provincial & Federal laws apply.
18. By entering their webseries, each participant is bound by the Official Rules/Guidelines/Terms of the Vancouver Web Fest.
19. Only selected entrants will be notified by email.
T ERMS & C ONDITIONS
The Vancouver Web Fest requests an information package for each confirmed webseries, ideally including the following: a) a brief written description of the webseries, including credits b) a selection of electronic images or website c) DVD (NTSC format only) for broadcast purposes.
Participation in the Vancouver Web Fest implies understanding and acceptance of these regulations. Vancouver Web Fest is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any webseries submitted and accepted for use by the Vancouver Web Fest for promotional purposes. The individual or corporation submitting the webseries hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the web series for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. The submitter shall indemnify and hold harmless Vancouver Web Fest from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening webseries entered.
Criteria For “Official Selections”
Once selected as an “Official Selection”, Webseries can screen:
• ONE or TWO episodes if the combined running time of the episodes selected for screening is greater than 10 minutes and less than 20 minutes.
• UP TO THREE episodes if the combined running time of all three episodes is 10 minutes or less.
• Total running time cannot exceed 20 minutes.
• Series MAY NOT combine multiple episodes into a single long running episode to circumvent the rules as described above. Episodes for screening must be submitted individually, as they were presented for initial judging.
In addition to the episodes for screening, the selected series will submit:
• a video teaser of max 15 seconds of the submitted Webseries
• the official trailer of the submitted Webseries (max 2 minutes).
At the time of notification of “Official Selection”, the nominated Webseries must advise the Vancouver Web Fest of the exact total running time of the episodes selected for screening.
Submissions Close October 31st, 2016
*Vancouver Web Fest has the right to change the guidelines above at their discretion.
Response from festival:
Thank you so much Robyn! It's an absolute honour to be part of the wonderful world of webseries and to be able to offer the hardworking creators and their teams opportunities to see and be seen. We loved having you and your series, The Room Actors: Where Are They Now? We sure hope to see you at VWF18. Cheers, Suzette xx :-)