The 2020 Syracuse International Film Festival will take place on October 21-25. Now in its 17th year, the festival presents films from around the world in a juried competition.
Eligible films can be on any subject, of any length, any genre, and include Feature Film, Feature Documentaries, Animation, Experimental Films, Short Films, Music Videos, and Web Series. Music Videos will be judged based on the creative quality and concept of the visual. For Web Series, filmmakers should submit only ONE episode.
All submissions must have a copyright date of 1/1/2019 or later. Judges are professional filmmakers, film critics, and writers.
All films accepted for screening will be provided with festival laurels. Monetary prizes and citations will be given for the top films selected by the jury, and there will be non-monetary laurels and citations, plus additional awards for our special showcases, Imaging Disability in Film, Films on Social Justice, High school and college films.
By submitting, you agree to be bound by the terms of these Rules and Terms. Note that submission deadlines are postmark deadlines. We grant no waivers from submission fees. SIFF reserves the right to refuse entries, or to reject any film or screenplay that contains content that in its sole discretion SIFF deems offensive or inappropriate. SIFF may without advance notice amend these Rules and Terms from time to time., with each such amendment becoming effective immediately. It is your responsibility to periodically check for updates of these Rules and Terms.
1. The festival is open to any film completed after January 1, 2019.
2. Films may only be submitted thorough FilmFreeway.
3. SIFF only accepts digital submissions. If your film is selected for inclusion, please allow download of the film for the festival officials. SIFF does not pay additional charges for originals, masters, or special prints.
4. Films in non-English languages must have English subtitles.
5. The submitter warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless SIFF from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits and publicity, or for any other reason.
6. SIFF will not refund any fees if the filmmaker fails to submit the film in the correct category. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission media may be deemed ineligible at the discretion of SIFF. The festival does not cover expenses incurred by the filmmaker.
7. Entry fees are non-refundable.
8. Submitters must provide an official trailer, poster and/or stills, synopsis and a link to the film. We reserve right to re-assign films to the appropriate category.
9. Monetary awards are provided by check or sent through our PayPal account. If not claimed for 30 days after notification, the winner will lose the right to win the prize.
10. Unless the filmmaker objects, films or trailers will be shown online for a limited time through our website, SyrFilm.com, to allow the area community and the worldwide public an opportunity to view them. In addition, SIFF may contact filmmakers to offer additional screening opportunities on our website and/or other venues.
11. Entrants are responsible for obtaining necessary licenses, royalties, release forms, clearances, and permits necessary to present their work. SIFF is not responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or royalty infringement related to the work. Although every precaution will be taken to safeguard all materials sent to the festival, SIFF is not responsible for damage to any materials incurred by shipping to or from the festival.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS DISCLAIMER:
Submission is not a guarantee of selection. All films officially selected into competition will receive a certificate, and will be listed on our website as an Official Selection. The Official Selection status does not mean that your film will be screened at the festival. It means that you are now eligible for the nomination and you can use the festival logo on your poster.
All filmmakers grant full and unrestricted permission for SIFF to screen the film at times of the SIFF's choice and to charge an admission fee for the presentation.
All Filmmakers who submit films understand and agree that they do not participate in receiving any funds from the Box-office proceeds which are fully retained by the festival.
All filmmakers release SIFF from any and all liability for damages or destruction of the entered film. Filmmakers understand that the entered film will be retained in festival offices, but that the festival assumes no liability whatsoever for theft, copyright violations or piracy of the entry.
Filmmakers understand that the festival will do everything possible to present the film in the best possible manner but SIFF is not responsible for any malfunctions during the festival screening. SIFF assumes no responsibility for any technical difficulties in the presentation of this film at the actual event.
SIFF reserves the complete right to make changes in the program dates and times and to possibly not screen the video, despite its being selected for screening.
Additional submission Information for The Syracuse International Film Festival may be found at www.SyrFilm.com.