"This is one of the few festivals that actually likes filmmakers, unlike most that just screen your film and kick you out right after. I highly recommend this festival to the locals, had a lot of fun last year, great venue and organizers, with a great host."
- Vlad Nikitin, Director, 'Grand Chinatown Robbery'
Our mission at the Studio City International Film Festival is to present cutting-edge films that will entertain, provoke, and inform its audience members.
All genres are welcome. We wish to encourage all cultures and ethnicities. It is our firm belief that the arts are a unifying force that serves to bridge all cultural and ethnic gaps.
In 2020 we started a new category - QUARANTINE SHORTS! It was a big success and we had submissions from all over the world. Hopefully, there won't be any more quarantines, but the spirit of the category remains, so now that category is called "Crewless." To be eligible, the film must be written, shot, directed and edited by one filmmaker.
Why you should submit your film to the Studio City festival:
1. Because we are situated in the heart of the entertainment industry, each year the festival features a number of distributors and celebrities.
2. We make it fun and memorable for the filmmakers. We give a lot of personal attention to all the filmmakers.
3. We also have networking events, so there is ample opportunity to network.
4. We will have filmmaker Q&As after every film block, workshops and panel discussions .
5. This is a fun, festival party atmosphere, and the opening night red carpet is always spectacular.
6. We have industry panels, including a filmmaker Q&A with film sales agents.
7. Awards night always features a celebrity Lifetime Achievement Award. Past winners include Cybill Shepherd, Sally Kirkland, Vincent Spano, Joely Fisher, John Witherspoon, Glynn Turman and Hoard Scott from the group WAR (for writing and perfroming songs featured in many movies and TV shows).
Beautiful trophies are awarded for Best Narrative Feature, Best Comedy Feature, Best Narrative Short, Best Horror Feature, Best Horror Short, Best Comedy Short, Best Documentary Feature, Best Documentary Short, Best Animated Short, Best Student Film, Best TV Pilot, Best Web Series, Best Horror Comedy, Best Acting Ensemble, Best "Crewless" Short, Best Sci-Fi Short, Best Sci-Fi Feature and Best Music Video.
Also, awards are given for acting, directing, cinematography and screenwriting.
Films must be submitted as an online screener through FilmFreeway, Vimeo link, etc. If your film is selected, we screen DCP only.
Does not have to be a Los Angeles premiere.