"This is one of the few festivals that actually likes filmmakers, unlike most that just screen your film and kick you out right after. I highly recommend this festival to the locals, had a lot of fun last year, great venue and organizers, with a great host."
- Vlad Nikitin, Director, 'Grand Chinatown Robbery'
Our mission at the Studio City international Film Festival is to present cutting-edge films that will entertain, provoke, and inform it's audience members.
All genres are welcome. We wish to encourage all cultures and ethnicities. It is our firm belief that the arts are a unifying force that serve to bridge all cultural and ethnic gaps.
Special consideration is given to films that emphasize the art of storytelling.
Why you should submit your film to the Studio City festival:
1. Because we are situated in the heart of the entertainment industry, each year the festival features a number of distributors and celebrities.
2. We make it fun and memorable for the filmmakers. We give a lot of personal attention to all the filmmakers.
3. We also have networking events in the bar and lounge of the theater, so there is ample opportunity to network.
4. We will have filmmaker Q&As after every film block, workshops and panel discussions .
5. This is a fun, festival party atmosphere, and we even provide live entertainment.
Beautiful trophies are awarded for Best Narrative Feature, Best Comedy Feature, Best Narrative Short, Best Horror Feature, Best Horror Short, Best Comedy Short, Best Documentary Feature, Best Documentary Short, Best Animated Short, Best Student Film, Best TV Pilot, Best Web Series, Best Horror Comedy, Best Acting Ensemble,
Best Sci-Fi Short, Best Sci-Fi Feature and Best Music Video.
Also, awards are given for acting, directing, cinematography and screenwriting.
Films must be submitted as an online screener through FilmFreeway, Vimeo link, etc. If your film is selected, we screen DCP and in some cases, Blu-Ray.
Does not have to be a Los Angeles premiere.