Named one of the Top-25 “Coolest Film Festivals in the World" by Moviemaker Magazine, the Orlando Film Festival (OFF) is now in its 15th year. We showcase the best in new independent cinema from around the world.
The Orlando Film Festival is an immersive eight-day experience that includes more than 350 films and industry panels and workshops, all geared to the 300+ indie filmmakers and 12,000 in attendance. Nightly parties and a variety of professional activities encourage important networking opportunities. The festival culminates with an award ceremony featuring prizes valued at more than $1 million.
Located in the heart of Orlando, OFF is produced by working filmmakers and industry professionals. All film screenings are presented with Q&As and filmmakers experience an unprecedented career-enhancing connection to our community.
Screenings and events take place in or around the Cobb Plaza Cinemas, which is walking distance from all official festival venues, including hotel. Festival auditoriums feature high-end Barco projectors and 5.1 surround sound.
Audiences and filmmakers get an immersive experience full of spirited Q&As, panel discussions, workshops and script reads with industry professionals from around the world.
Many films showcased at OFF have gone on to secure worldwide distribution and critical acclaim, including Oscars. Our slew of celebrity guests participants have included: Kevin Smith, Malcolm McDowell, Alison Brie, Michael Rooker, Haley Joel Osment, Milos Forman, Cheryl Hines, Marcia Gay Harden, Olympia Dukakis, Patrick Fabian, Christopher Titus, Thomas Dolby, Molly Hagan, and Bob Hawk.
OFF sponsors include: Stella Artois, Cobb Theaters, PRG, Valencia College, United Arts, Great Graphics Photoscan, Movie Magic, Harley Davidson, and ShortsTV.
We present over 40 filmmaking and screenwriting awards each year. The current combined value of all prizes & in-kind services awarded is estimated to be over $1 million.
Current 2020 prizes include:
- $500,000 First Look deal with Valencia Motion Pictures to the winner of Best Feature and Un-produced Screenplay
- $50,000 Fist Look deal with Valencia Motion Pictures winner of Best Short
- ShortsTV Distribution Offer for every winning short film across 14 categories
- First Look Deal with Valencia Motion Pictures for the winner of Best Screenplay
- EP Movie Magic Software Licenses to the winners of 10 categories
- Live Script Read of Selected Screenplay Submission by cast of SAG actors
Filmmaker Festival Benefits & Perks:
- 50% Discount on ALL ACCESS FILMMAKER PASS purchase
- 50% Discount on ALL ACCESS PASS for filmmakers family and friends
The Orlando Film Festival is a competitive exhibition for domestic and international feature films, documentaries, shorts and screenplays. The Orlando Film Festival reserves the right to determine the eligibility of any project submitted. Only projects that are completed within 24 months of the event date are eligible for competition. All accepted films will be considered for competition unless otherwise noted. Projects my be accepted and presented “out of competition” if they fail to meet certain criteria. Works in progress will be considered if noted as such and the screener is updated to the final version before the final deadline. The festival does not pay screening fees for submitted films.
Once you’ve be accepted to OFF, you become family. We seek to cultivate a rich community of filmmakers and our alumni discount is one of the ways we do it. Filmmakers that have had a film play at the festival in the past are eligible for the OFF alumni discount. Please choose the alumni fee option & let us know which film you had in the festival in the past when submitting.
All foreign-language films must be submitted with English subtitles. Unfortunately, any films that do not provide working subtitles will be disqualified without refund of submission fees.
-Premiere status is not require, but is taken into account when curating the final lineup. Central Florida Premiere is minimum requirement.
-If your film plays at another festival within 75 miles from OFF, prior to the current festivals dates, it is not eligible to play at OFF.
-Films who’s primary focus is suicide, elicit or promote violence & discrimination, function as propaganda, pornography, or hate speech are not eligible for consideration.
It is the responsibility of the filmmaker to quality check the finale file thoroughly before sending to the festival. While we check the files before exhibition and will notify you of errors, things can slip through the cracks when reviewing 1000s of hours of content, therefore it is on the filmmaker to deliver a file that they are pleased with being exhibited as is.
DCP on hard drive
h.264 .MOV on hard rive or thumb drive
h.264 .MOV on hard rive or thumb drive
The festival requires all films delivered on either a USB drive or a DCP drive within 20 days after notification of acceptance to the follow address:
ORLANDO FILM FESTIVAL
5131 Gramont Ave
Orlando, FL 32812
The cost of shipping any materials and films to the festival must be paid by the entrant. The festival will not pay the cost of shipping the materials back to the filmmaker. The festival cannot guarantee shipment of drives to other festivals during the days of the festival. All packages with pre paid shipping label with be mailed back after the festival.
The accepted methods for materials getting back to filmmakers are:
i) the package is shipped with a SASE or pre-packaged shipping label back to you
ii) the filmmaker collects their drive in person AFTER their last screening during the event
Though every possible care is taken with materials while in our possession, we cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage. Please do not send original or masters files or drives.
Submission to the festival grants the Orlando Film Festival permission to utilize excerpts of accepted work & it’s associated promotional material (such as film trailers, posters, photos, etc) in all promotional activities related to the festival.
SCREENWRITING COMPETITION RULES:
- Scripts must not be optioned or sold prior to the start of the festival.
- There is no limit to how many scripts you can submit, but each one must be a separate submission.
- Scripts must be properly formatted and submitted via PDF or by mail. (Mailed submissions will not be returned)
- Feature Length scripts should be 80-130 pages in length.
- Short Scripts should be up to 50 pages in length.
- Please clearly label your script's genre on your cover page in your online submission.
- Screenplays must be an original work. If based upon another story or a real person, you must include a statement attesting to those rights to make such adaptations.
- Once submitted, you cannot make any changes to your entry.
- If the script is the work of more than one author, you must include every author's name in the submission. Prizes will be split amongst the author and an additional Award can be purchased at cost.
- Although not required, we do highly recommend you register your script with either WGA or WGA-East, or with the US Copyright Office.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By submitting this film, you are responsible for the film submitted with this application, and by submitting said film to The Orlando Film Festival (the "OFF") you hereby represent, warrant and agree to the following:
1. I hereby represent, warrant, and agree that the film is not currently subject to any distribution agreement or other obligation that would prevent it from being exhibited at the OFF if accepted.
2. I have carefully read and understood and will comply with all rules, regulations and eligibility requirements of the OFF, all of which are incorporated herein by reference.
3. I represent and warrant that: (a) I have the full right and power to make and perform this Agreement without the consent of any third party (or, if the consent of other parties is required, all of them are also signing this Agreement); (b) the film does not violate any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right of any person or entity, and will not constitute a libel or slander of any person or entity or defame or disparage any person or entity or infringe upon or violate the rights of privacy, reputation, publicity, intellectual property and/or any other rights of any kind or nature of any person or entity; and (c) the film is not the subject of litigation or any claim that might give rise to litigation.
4. I hold the OFF harmless from damage to or loss of the print en route or otherwise during the course of the festival's possession of the film; and agree to provide the festival a copy of the film at my own risk and/or provide my own insurance to cover loss and/or damage of the copy. Further, I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the OFF and its affiliates from and against any liability, claim, cost, damage, or expense arising out of or in connection with any breach by me of this Submission Agreement.
5. (Competition Entries only) Should this film win an award Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor/Actress or Audience Choice or any other award at the festival, I am authorized and/or empowered by all parties legally representing this film to receive all cash prizes and awards.
6. I understand and agree that acceptance of my film does not guarantee airline or hotel accommodations for talent, production crew, or any other parties.
7. I agree that all materials will be sent prepaid and understand and agree that neither fees, submission videos nor any other materials will be returned whether or not my film is accepted (except as set forth in clause 8 below).
8. I understand and agree that if my film is accepted, OFF will not pay any shipping fees for exhibition copies or promotional materials. Materials will ONLY be returned if it is received with a self-addressed prepaid envelope or box, prepaid shipping label for original shipping package, or package provided by the filmmaker with postage prepaid.
9. I understand and agree that if my film is selected, the number of screenings, days and venue is at the sole discretion of the OFF.
10. If the OFF accepts my film, I agree that the OFF may use, filmmaker provided Blu-Ray or DVD copies for press reviews and will not be obligated to conduct any separate theatrical screenings for members of the press.
11. I understand and agree that all information received on the application may be utilized in the program guide and the website. Any corrections must be received in writing by September 1st. Changes will not be made after September 1st. The OFF will not be liable for any errors or omissions in the program guide or the website.
12. I understand that any prizes of in-kind services and their maximum potential value are dependent on the recipients utilization of them while following the terms & conditions provided by the vendors and do not constitute any liquid asset unless specifically stated.
13. I acknowledge and agree that in the event of any breach by me of this Submission Agreement, the harm to the OFF would not be adequately compensated for in damages and, therefore, in the event of any such breach, the OFF shall have the right to equitable relief by way of injunction or otherwise; provided, however, that resorting to such relief shall not be construed as a waiver of any other rights or remedies the OFF may have for damages.