The Accolade Global Film Competition
SPECIAL PROMOTION for August 2020!!!!
25% Discount and one FREE additional Category
See all details below under Rules & Terms
A prestigious and unique global film competition.
Accolade honors and promotes the achievements of filmmakers who produce high quality films and new media with the expressed intention of helping filmmakers gain the credibility and publicity they justly deserve.
The Accolade, established in 2003 is currently in its 17th year and is a top-tier prestigious global film competition that is unique in the industry. The Accolade gives talented directors, producers, actors and creative teams the positive exposure they deserve. It discovers and honors the achievements of filmmakers who produce high quality entertainment and new media. Attracting both powerhouse industry veterans as well as talented new filmmakers, the Accolade is a unique hybrid awards competition with seasonal deadlines; not a traditional film festival. Our talented award winners have gone on to win Oscars, Emmys & Tellys.
MovieMaker Magazine named The Accolade as “One of the top 25 festivals worth the entry fee” they stated: "Past participants can't stop raving about the professional opportunities participation in this event has generated for their work."
Serving filmmakers is Accolade’s primary goal!
The Accolade promotes award winners through press releases to over 40,000 filmmakers and industry contacts as well as five additional global media/distribution outlets.
Where our filmmakers are from:
The Accolade Global Film Competition is truly international in scope and has received projects from filmmakers in over 64 countries, they include Australia, Bahrain, Bali, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Columbia, Cuba, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Kosovo, Lithuania, Malaysia, Malta, Martinique, Mexico, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Pakistan, Paraguay, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, the USA and more.
What kind of media
The Accolade Competition is an excellent venue for film, new and experimental media, television programs, animation, educational programs, remixes & mashups, movie trailers, music videos, webisodes, tube length works and more.
Benefits of Participating:
• Promotional Laurels – give your film opening and graphics that wow factor!
• Peer Review – our judges are filmmakers who understand the craft and what audiences want.
* IMDB qualified - list your wins!
• Publicity Enhancement – Winners are announced to a database of 44,000+ email industry professionals as well as additional international media outlets.
• Press Release - We provide a fill-in-the-blanks Press Release to help you promote your win. We've done the heavy lifting - just fill it in and send to media outlets that suit your work!
• Social Media Push – Facebook and Twitter announcements of winners and updates from our filmmaking community can be shared with your own lists.
Judging and Award Levels
Each year the Accolade Competition receives thousands of entries. Quality and creativity are celebrated in four levels of awards: Best of Show, Awards of Excellence, Awards of Merit and Awards of Recognition.
The judging takes place by in-house staff and a committee of industry professionals including Emmy, Telly and Communicator award nominees and recipients.
As with the Telly and regional Emmy Awards, entries do not compete against each other. Instead, entries are judged against a high standard of merit and are scored accordingly. Judges score entries on a performance scale and winning entries are recognized and awarded as Best of Show, Awards of Excellence, Awards of Merit, Awards of Recognition or no award.
Best of Show honors are granted to the top scoring entry for each season. Awards of Excellence are granted to entries with truly exceptional filmmaking. Notable artistic and technical productions are recognized at the Award of Merit award level and Award of Recognition recognizes achievement in a specific category of entry.
No fixed numbers of awards are granted at any level but rather fluctuate based on the total number of entries received for each competition deadline.
Each individual submission will receive two confirmation emails. One from FilmFreeway confirming your entry through their system and one directly from the Accolade Global Film Competition team with additional details.
After judging is completed, winners in all categories will be notified of their award immediately following the submission of the judge’s findings to the Accolade staff. Submissions that were not awarded will be notified after the judging process. All award winners are also provided the opportunity to acquire statuettes and other keepsakes to commemorate their achievement.
Accolade is a competition with a conscience. Each year the Accolade Global Film Competition grants its annual Humanitarian Award for dedicated service to Social Justice, Animal Welfare, Political, Environmental, Wellness, or Conscious Awareness issues. Films meeting these criteria and recognized at the Award of Excellence level can be nominated for the Humanitarian Award by any of the judges. All nominated films are then reviewed at the end of each year and awards granted. Each year the judges will select one Grand Prize winner and award Outstanding Achievement and Award of Distinction to all deserving films.
Rules / Eligibility
1. Submissions in other than English must be subtitled.
2. Multiple entries are allowed from a filmmaker and each entry may be entered in multiple categories.
3. Online screeners preferred. If you choose not to upload your project to FilmFreeway’s site, please provide an online link to your submission and be sure to include the password in an email correspondence sent directly to Accolade. If you choose to send a DVD screener please format it in NTSC, label the cover with the FilmFreeway Tracking ID, film title, filmmaker name and telephone number, and forward it to Accolade’s mailing address.
4. Accolade does not download data or accept Dropbox submissions. Please only send links to your media hosted on 3rd party servers such as Vimeo or YouTube.
5. Written comments describing entries are beneficial.
6. DVD Entries will not be returned.
7. All films submitted under a “Student Fee” category will be listed as a (Student) on all materials including social media and press releases. Student I.D. required.
***** ***** S P E C I A L ----- P R O M O T I O N ***** *****
25% Discount and one FREE additional Category
For the discount:
Use code GLOBALHEALTH at checkout
For the one free additional category
1. After you check out and your entry is processed, you will receive an email from info@AccoladeCompetition.org explaining the next steps
2. That email will have a link to all of the available categories so you can see your options. You get one additional category free of charge. Follow the directions in that email to receive your free category. For use only with this entry.
3. If you would like MORE then one category - you may purchase other categories through the link in that email. Just use the easy to follow instructions in that email
None of this will be possible unless you receive that email. Make sure you add info@AccoladeCompetition.org to your safe senders list right away! (Especially you Gmail users!)
The Accolade Competition statuette is exceptional in the industry and is a work of art. Plated with 24k gold, the beautiful fifteen inch tall statuette is manufactured by the company that makes the worlds’ most prestigious and celebrated awards, the Oscar, Clio, and IndieFEST.
The Accolade Global Film Competition’s sister competitions are the Best Shorts Competition (www.BestShorts.net) honoring the best of short films, the Impact DOCS Awards (www.ImpactDOCSAwards.com) serving documentary filmmakers and spreading their messages around the globe, and the IndieFEST Film Awards (www.TheIndieFEST.com) which celebrates outstanding independent films. All four competitions share administrative offices but have independent judging and judging results from one competition will not influence the outcome of the other.