HEART OF GOLD INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL
Nestled within the golden hills of Gympie, housed in the grand auditorium of the Civic Centre, is the loveliest film festival in Australia. Running from 3-6 October 2019, Heart of Gold programs carefully-crafted short films from around the world that deeply resonate with the viewer.
The four-day program includes industry masterclasses, a stunning opening night gala, awards night party and up to 30 sessions of shorts from all genres that best capture Heart of Gold’s vision to screen films that are heart-warming, thought-provoking and entertaining. We hope to show films that shine a light on sidelined topics, peoples or regions of the world. At Heart of Gold, we believe to break through to the audience on an emotional level takes a special kind of storytelling magic. Our films can be edgy, they can be groundbreaking and they can be downright hilarious – as long as they beat with a good, strong heart.
Over eleven years, Heart of Gold has become renowned for its high-quality international program, which is largely thanks to a very unique, two-part screening system. The films are first viewed by the festival’s artistic director and passed onto small screener groups, who gather in lounge-rooms across Gympie to review and score the countless, cherished submissions. This makes Heart of Gold films not only treasured by the community around them, but also sure to stand the test of time nationally and abroad.
In 2019 Heart of Gold International Short Film Festival are offering prizes that range from $500 to $5000 in value; selected shorts compete for a range of jury awards, which this year include but is not limited to: Best Short Film, Best Australian Short Film, Best Student Short Film and the Gympie Gold Award.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. Heart of Gold International Short Film Festival is open to all film genres and films from all countries. However, film content should be in line with the festival’s ethos and vision. We are seeking films that are: positive, hilarious, witty, whimsical, nourishing, well-crafted, inspiring, thought-provoking, entertaining, joyous, uplifting, quirky, enlightening, ground breaking or edgy.
If you are unsure of eligibility, please contact the festival’s artistic director at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Films should not have been made prior to 1 January, 2017.
3. The producer grants the Heart of Gold International Short Film Festival the rights to:
(a) Exhibit the film at the 2019 Heart of Gold International Short Film Festival.
(b) Exhibit the film at any tour, screening or event which is organised by or affiliated with Heart of Gold International Short Film Festival in the six months prior to and the twelve months subsequent to the 2019 Festival.
(c) Reproduce the film for inclusion as part of a compilation.
(d) Exhibit the film either in part or in total for promotional purposes.
4. The producer warrants to the Heart of Gold International Short Film Festival that they have obtained all the necessary permissions to enter this film and that the film does not infringe the rights, including copyright, of any third party. This includes the use of music and literary material (i.e. if your film is based on a novel or poem).
5. Entries will not be considered valid until the entry fee has been paid in full. The entry fee is non refundable
6. Early bird entries must be received by midnight 30 April 2019
7. Entries for extended deadline submission must be received by midnight 14 June 2019.
8. Entries may not be withdrawn after 10 July 2019.
9. If your film is selected for the competition you will be sent a letter of confirmation from no later than 09 August, 2019. Digital master files must be received by 7 September 2019.
10. Materials submitted in the initial entry process will not be returned.
11. Films in languages other than English must be supplied with English subtitles.
12. The Heart of Gold International Short Film Festival will only screen productions finished As a high-resolution Apple ProRes, H.264 or MP4 digital file (the following codecs will NOT be accepted FLV, WMV, AVI, or any low res files). Please also ensure your films are supplied with a stereo mix only and not a Dolby 5.1 mix) To ensure your entry is screened correctly, you must also include ratio details (e.g. 1920 x 1080).
13. Please do NOT send a DVD directly to the festival.
Please note: ENTERING A FILM IN THIS FESTIVAL IMPLIES THE ACCEPTANCE OF THESE REGULATIONS.