Promoting short films and documentaries culture in a country where commercial cinema has always ruled the roost is not an easy task. Delhi Shorts International Film Festival is one such successful effort started in year 2012 by Miniboxoffice with successful 2012 to 2022 editions. The festival brings thoughtful, highly creative & engaging short films from around the world to fulfill the cinegoers' appetite of the capital city of India. The festival aim is to establish a short film industry which runs parallel to commercial cinema.
12th Delhi Shorts International Film Festival-2023 is meant to grow many folds. The inaugural year 2012 was a big success followed by super successful previous editions & enjoys the credibility of one of the most trusted short film festival of India. The festival was not only embraced by the short filmmaker’s but regarded by the media & industry members also.
The festival objective is to boost-up the short film market & providing exhibition platform to short filmmakers. The festival gives the professional networking opportunities & at the same time introduces the latest trends in cinema to the filmmakers. 12th DSIFF-23 is a unique platform here you can share, learn, showcase, observe & do many more thing to polish your creative & technical skills. We hope that this festival will turn a milestone in your filmmaking career.
Best Short Film
Best Music Video
Special Festival Mention
Honorable Jury Mention
Best Ad Film
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Original Music
Best Background Music
Rules and Regulations:
12th Delhi Shorts International Film Festival-2023
1. Awards for both professional and students category-
❏ Best Short Film ❏ Best Animation ❏ Best Documentary ❏ Best Music Video ❏ Honorable Jury Mention ❏ Best Director
❏ Special Festival Mention ❏ Best Ad Film
❏ Best Cinematography ❏ Best Editing ❏Best Screenplay ❏ Best VFX
❏ Best Actor ❏ Best Actress
❏ Best Supporting Actor ❏ Best Supporting Actress
❏ Best Original Music ❏ Best Background Music
Certificate of participation + Miniboxoffic Movies Ratings will be given to all entries. The winners will be honored with certificate and trophy + short film distribution deal.
2. Film must be subtitled in English if language is other than English and Hindi.
3. Year of production & accepted movie duration:
Year of production: Jan-2020 onwards
Short Film, animation & documentary: up-to 60min
Music Video: up-to 07 min & Ad Film- any duration
4. Films participated in DSIFF-2012 to 2022 are not eligible for participation in 2023.
5. The decision of the Jury will be final and can’t be challenged.
6. DSIFF-23 stages/process:
• Entry submission as per rules & regulations.
• Notification of shortlisted regular entries by the festival office on 05 Oct 2023 & shortlisted late entries notification on 11 Oct 2023.
• Delegate registration to attend DSIFF-23 at Delhi. All filmmakers must have registered as delegate to attend the festival. Hospitality charges are applicable for filmmakers & attendees, which include lunch, tea/coffee with cookies & master classes.
• Festival movies screening & workshops followed by award ceremony in Delhi on 22 Oct 2023.
7. Delhi Shorts International Film Festival-23 does not take any type financial commitment for the expense incurred on the correspondence by the participant. All Travel, Lodging & Boarding and other miscellaneous expenses will have to be borne by the participant himself for attending the festival. No request for the same will be entertained.
8. Once the film submitted can’t be withdrawn in any circumstances, however festival director reserve the rights to disqualify any film on certain grounds.
9. By submitting movie to Delhi Shorts International Film Festival, filmmaker/producer takes the whole responsibility of copyright issues of music, script and other creative and technical aspects of film.