IMFF is dedicated to celebrating the art of storytelling through film before a diverse audience. Enjoy one of the friendliest and most philanthropic film festivals in the US!
100% of the IMFF box office goes to a worthy non-profit that is making a positive change in our region.
Experience all the Festival has to offer!:
~Opening Night Film and Reception.
~Filmmaker meet-ups, wine-tastings and more!
~All Venues in walkable downtown Fayetteville.
~Filmmakers accepted into the festival enjoy FREE Lodging!
(and a ton of other freebies!)
Jury and Audience awards for best Documentary Feature and Documentary Short, Narrative Feature and Narrative Short, Student Film, and Animation.
*Filmmakers not in attendance who would like to have their trophies shipped to them are asked to pay for shipping. This enables us to use our money to make the festival awesome and to give our box office proceeds to a selected non-profit.
• IMFF DOES NOT PAY FOR FILMS THAT ARE SELECTED FOR THE FESTIVAL.
• Entries must be submitted directly on FilmFreeway via Secure Online Screener which includes Vimeo links.
• All submissions must have been completed in the past five years.
• All films must be in English or have English subtitles. Non-subtitled or dubbed foreign language films will not be considered.
• All clearances must be obtained for exhibition.
• Only the Producer, Director, Screenwriter or someone closely connected to the film may complete the application.
• Schools may submit films on behalf of student filmmakers in the Student Category.
• Only complete entries will be accepted. This includes the non-refundable entry fee, a completed entry form, and an online screener.
• Films submitted in previous years will not be accepted for submission.
• Feature-length films (narrative or documentary) must be 40 minutes or longer.
• Film Shorts (narrative, documentary, experimental, animated) must be 40 minutes or less.
• Student films must have been completed in the past 5 years and proof of enrollment is required. Student films may not exceed 40 minutes without permission.
• All filmmakers with a film in competition will receive a VIP All Access Pass, giving free access to all events and screenings (subject to availability) at the Festival. These passes are non-transferable and must be worn at all times in clear view. Passes are not sent by mail, but must be picked up in person at the IMFF Box Office.
• IMFF promotes the schedule of screenings via media including newspapers, emails, television and radio. IMFF encourages filmmakers to help promote their films by promoting their screening(s) to industry professionals, distributors, the press and the general public.
• For entries selected to the Festival, you will be instructed as to the format required for screening. This exhibition print must be received by IMFF no later than September 10. Failure to comply with technical specifications may result in the removal of the film from Festival competition.
• Filmmakers may provide postcards, posters or other promotional items for their film. Marketing materials will be displayed at the Box Office. IMFF will not print posters or cards to promote any single film.
• The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. The individual or corporation submitting this film additionally grants the Indigo Moon Film Festival the right to one or more public screenings of the entry during the dates of the Festival.
• The management of the Indigo Moon Film Festival reserves the right to decide all questions regarding rules and regulations. Submission of a film constitutes that the filmmaker accepts the rules and regulations set forth herein.
• The Indigo Moon Film Festival reserves the right to refuse films depicting excessive nudity, violence and/or gore.
• IMFF holds no responsibility for lost films.
• Questions: Please call 910.309.6580, or email: info@GroundSwellPictures.com.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The management of Indigo Moon Film Festival reserves the right to decide all questions regarding rules and regulations. Submission of a film constitutes that the filmmaker accepts the rules and regulations set forth herein.
Indigo Moon Film Festival is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes.
The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
The individual or corporation submitting agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Indigo Moon Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
Response from festival:
Thanks for the kind words. We truly mean that each filmmaker who screens a work at IMFF is part of our family! We will be sending out a Family Code once IMFF 2020 starts taking submissions for you to use for a free entry.
We hope to see you back and are always interested in improving the festival for filmmakers and film goers alike!
Response from festival:
We loved having you and the whole gang from My Father's Brothers here and on hand for the Q&A. Your film was fabulous and we loved getting to know you and the other people involved. We consider ourselves fortunate to have screened your film and look forward to other fantastic works from you soon!