IMFF is dedicated to celebrating the art of storytelling through film before a diverse audience.
Enjoy opening night film and party.
Red Carpet awards banquet.
Four Venues in walkable downtown Fayetteville.
Awards & Prizes
Cash Prizes AND trophies for best Documentary Feature and Documentary Short, Narrative Feature and Narrative Short, Student Film, Animation and Best of Fest!
Rules & Terms
Filmmakers entering films for competition must complete and submit the Entry Form and fee.
Entries may be submitted directly on FilmFreeway via Secure Online Screener which includes Vimeo links. Online streaming entries may also be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title, running time and FilmFreeway tracking number in the subject line, if you choose to not use the Secure Online Screener option.
Entries will also be accepted as DVD (NTSC format only) with a label indicating the title, running time and FilmFreeway tracking number.
• All entries must be postmarked no later than August 1, 2017 for submission.
• All submissions must have been completed after January 1, 2014.
• All films must be in English or have English subtitles. Non-subtitled or dubbed foreign language films will not be considered.
• All clearances must be obtained for exhibition.
• Entries may be submitted on DVD or BluRay (NTSC format only) with a label indicating the title and running time. They may also be submitted online. If submitted online, please send to email@example.com.
• In an effort to become a greener Festival, IMFF asks that all filmmakers limit the materials used to send in films and submit their films in small, eco-friendly packaging. Films should be submitted on a single DVD in a simple paper CD/DVD sleeve in order to cut down on waste. Once we receive your DVD, the case or sleeve will be recycled, so it doesn’t matter what type of packaging you use to submit your disc. Better yet, send all materials online.
• Only the Producer, Director, Screenwriter or someone closely connected to the film may complete the application. Schools may submit films on behalf of student filmmakers in the Student Category.
• Only complete entries will be accepted. This includes the non-refundable entry fee paid to the order of IMFF, a signed and completed entry form and a DVD or online screener. Filmmakers may apply electronically via FilmFreeway.
• Films submitted in previous years will not be accepted for submission.
• Feature-length films (narrative or documentary) must be 40 minutes or longer.
• Film Shorts (narrative, documentary, experimental, animated) must be 40 minutes or less.
• Student films must have been completed after January 1, 2014 and proof of enrollment is required. Student films may not exceed 40 minutes.
• Filmmakers whose films are accepted for competition will be notified by email by approximately September September 1, 2017. All the privileges due filmmakers will be specified in this correspondence.
• All filmmakers with a film in competition will receive a VIP pass, giving free access to all events and screenings (subject to availability) at the Festival. These passes are non-transferable and must be worn at all times in clear view. Passes are not sent by mail, but must be picked up in person at the box office.
• IMFF promotes the schedule of screenings via media including newspapers, emails, television and radio. IMFF encourages filmmakers to help promote their films by promoting their screening(s) to industry professionals, distributors, the press and the general public.
• For entries selected to the 2017 Festival, an exhibition print or video of the film in proper format (BetaSP, DVCam, Mini DV, DVD, BluRay or File (MP4 or MOV (H.264)) must be received by IMFF no later than September 10, 2017. Failure to comply with technical specifications may result in the removal of the film from Festival competition.
• Filmmakers may provide postcards or other promotional items for their film. They may install banners or posters at the box office
• The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. The individual or corporation submitting this film additionally grants the Indigo Moon Film Festival the right to one or more public screenings of the entry during the dates of the Festival.
The management of the Indigo Moon Film Festival reserves the right to decide all questions regarding rules and regulations. Submission of a film constitutes that the filmmaker accepts the rules and regulations set forth herein.
The Indigo Moon Film Festival reserves the right to refuse films depicting excessive nudity, violence and/or gore. IMFF holds no responsibility for lost films. Questions: Please call 910.309.6580, fax 910.486.9440, visit the website at www.IndigoMoonFilm Festival.com or email: info@GroundSwellPictures.com.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The management of Indigo Moon Film Festival reserves the right to decide all questions regarding rules and regulations. Submission of a film constitutes that the filmmaker accepts the rules and regulations set forth herein.
Indigo Moon Film Festival is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes.
The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless Indigo Moon Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.