The Film Festival Senior Movie is aimed at the filmmakers of the retirement age, i.e. at those over 60+ years of age, recruited from the amateur and independent cinema.
The festival sets a platform for presenting a film work of seniors from around the world.
The idea of the Senior Film Festival grew out of a great desire to present to the public a film work of retirees whose passion is film, and out of a desire to find out what the seniors want to convey to us through their films. What message dominates in their accomplishments? We want to ask this question in the first edition of the festival. Is film a medium to build an intergenerational transmission or is it a medium to capture important moments in life? What is the function of a film in seniors' work all together?
This will be the main motto and guiding idea of the first edition of the festival. We will answer the question when we review the submitted films. This will be an important factor for the discussion during the festival in talks with the creators and the audience.
The following financial prizes are anticipated to be awarded in the main competition:
1st prize: Cat statuette and a financial prize of PLN 2000
2 nd prize - Cat statuette and a financial prize of PLN 1000
3 rd prize – Cat statuette and a financial prize of PLN 500
The Jury has the right to award honorary mentions.
1. The organiser of the Film Festival Senior Movie (hereinafter referred to as the Festival) is the Kamera Association (hereinafter referred to as the Organiser), located in Szczecin, postal code 70-482, 90 Wojska Polskiego street.
2. Festival takes place September 12-15, 2019 in Szczecin.
3. The purpose of the Festival is to present to the general public independent and amateur films made by the filmmakers 60+ years old, as well as to stimulate and promote the independent film movement.
4. Detailed information on the Festival and its program can be found at www.seniormovie.pl
1. The Organiser does not set any thematic and genre limitations.
2. The films admitted to the selection process will have a running time no longer than 30 minutes and be produced after January 1st 2016
3. The author of a film must be a person of 60+ years of age.
4. In case the work is done by a collective at least one member should meet the age criteria set in item 3.
5. The film should contain a tilte and credits.
6. Each author/creator may submit two films maximum.
7. In order to submit a film, a correctly filled entry form (available on the website seniormovie.pl) needs to be sent in, as well as a preview copy on DVD or another medium. A link to the film (e.g.Vimeo, YouTube, etc.) is also accepted. The films can be submitted to the competition also through the online platform www.filmfreeway.com
8. Films on DVD and the entry form should be sent to: Stowarzyszenie Kamera al. Wojska Polskiego 90, 70-482 Szczecin. Link(s) to films should be emailed to email@example.com
9. Deadline for entries: June 30, 2019.
10. Email a photo (a frame of the film) in digital version (JPG format, 300 DPI resolution) to firstname.lastname@example.org (with the film title and the film frame author’s name).
11. Films in a language other than Polish must have subtitles in English
12. Films for the Festival made by:
the memebers of the Selection Committee (or with their collaboration)
Jury members (or with their collaboration)
will not be allowed for submission.
13. The Festival does not charge any fees for the submission of a film.
In the second edition of the Festival, one competition section is planned: the main competition.
1. The admission of the films to the Festival is decided by the Selection Committee appointed by the Organiser. The decisions of the Selection Commitee are final. The Selection Committee is not obliged to justify the selection decisions
2. The qualified films are made available to the Organiser free of charge
3. The Organiser does not return the submitted materials.
4. The submitting party shall not withdraw their film from festival screenings once it has been qualified.
5. The official selection will be announced by August 11, 2019, at the latest, on the website www.seniormovie.pl
6. The qualified films can be screened in the following formats: BluRay, DVD, H.264 (e.g.MP4). Presentations in other formats must receive an individual consent firm the Organisers.
1. The films admitted for the Festival main competiton will be judged by the professional Jury appointed by the Organisers.
2. The following financial prizes are anticipated to be awarded in the main competition:
1st prize: Cat statuette and a financial prize of PLN 2000
2nd prize – Cat statuette and a financial prize of PLN 1000
3rd prize – Cat statuette and a financial prize of PLN 500
Publicity prize – Cat statuette and a financial prize of PLN 1000. Publicity prize will be granted by the viewers votes.
3. The Jury has the right to award honorary mentions.
4. The Jury has the right to differently distribute or not to award prizes.
5. The prizes and honorary mentions will be transferred to the bank account provided by the winner
6. The amounts of the prizes are the amounts before taxes. They are taxed according to the Tax Code of the Republic of Poland.
7. The official verdict and the prize awarding ceremony will be held on September 15th, 2019 at the evening gala.
1. The Organiser reserves the right to use selected excerpts -up to 3 minutes- from the qualified films for the Festival’s promotional and informational purposes e.g. the Festival trailer, TV broadcasts, etc.
2. The Organiser reserves the right to display the information about a film and its authors/creators on its website, in social media (e.g. Facebook) and in all the promotional publications (e.g. Catalogue, press releases, etc,)
3. The Organiser reserves the right to use the materials provided for the promotional activities related to the Festival.
1. Personal data from the entry will be processed for terms of the Festival.
2. The participant agrees for publication of personal data of the filmmakers for the needs necessary to promote the film on TV and radio stations, press, websites and as part of the use for printed materials during the Festival.
3. Information such as address, telephone and e-mail are used only for purposes related to the organization of the Festival and will remain the exclusive information to the Organizer.
4. The administrator of personal data is Stowarzyszenie Kamera al. Wojska Polskiego 90, 70-482 Szczecin
5. Personal data will be processed by the time the Festival is organized and will be deleted after it ends, unless the law provides otherwise
1. The copyrights of the films submitted to the Festival cannot be limited by any way and cannot violate the copyrights of other people as well as any law regulations. If this term cannot be fulfilled, the authors are obliged to enclose a declaration that explains the legal status of the films. In case of concealing the information, the participant will cover any costs related to legal consequences that might occur.
2. Submitting a film to the Festival the author agrees to present the film free of charge during the competiton screenings (up to two times), present the film free of charge for promotional purposes and accompanying events after the Festival is ended (up to two times).
3. The Organiser reserves the right to change these terms and conditions
4. Entering a film to participate in the Festival is synonymous with accepting the above terms and conditions, as well as the information included in the entry form.