The Los Angeles Music Video Festival has one purpose: to celebrate the art of the music video. While many film festivals have music video categories, they tend to be presented as secondary, somehow less important or deserving of our consideration than other genres. There are precious few festivals in the world that focus exclusively on music videos, the people who make them and the people who love them. LAMVF not only provides that opportunity, but further brings together the independent music and independent film communities of Los Angeles in a celebration of local musical talent and creativity like never before.
If you make music, make videos, like music videos or know anyone who does, come be a part of the movement.
Awards & Prizes
We award our famous "EMVY" trophy - a bronze-dipped VHS Tape - for each of the following categories:
Best Narrative Music Video
Best Non-Narrative Music Video
Best Animated Music Video
Best Student Music Video
Best Unofficial Music Video
Best Interactive and/or VR Music Video
In addition, sponsored prizes in the past have included premium speakers from SONOS, hard drives, editing and SFX packages, production resources and one-on-one meetings with top record label and directors' reps.
Rules & Terms
• Entries must reasonably represent the music video genre—short films and experimental films need not apply.
* Music Videos must have been completed on or after December 1, 2016.
• Music videos should be between 2 and 5 minutes in length. However, videos up to 10 minutes long will still be considered.
• Music videos must be available for screening at the festival, on October 1-7, 2017
• LAMVF reserves the right to change submission categories and prizes at their discretion.
• LAMVF does not guarantee submitted music videos will be selected for the festival.
* Filmmakers and musicians entering videos into the festival must possess the legal rights to submit AND screen their work. The LAMVF is not responsible for clearing publishing, performance or other rights for the music videos it reviews, screens, showcases on its site or otherwise utilizes for festival publicity.
* We currently do not accept hard-copies. If you would like to submit your
film as a link from a site such as YouTube or Vimeo, or a secure FTP or
Dropbox site, please send an email to *firstname.lastname@example.org* with the subject
line "*Submission Link"* and your Submission code. Please provide clear
username and/or password instructions, as well as any other relevant
instructions. Please do not send your film as an email attachment.
* NEW REQUIREMENT: Please include type of camera and editing software used. It will influence future prizes!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
By registering for this festival, I hereby grant the LAMVF the standard non-exclusive rights that would be granted to a music video broadcaster, as well as the right to make videos available on the LAMVF’s website, and to make dub masters available to broadcasters for promotional purposes.
The LAMVF does not guarantee in any way that the submitted video will be selected for the festival or used for promotional purposes. This decision is at the discretion of the LAMVF.
The LAMVF may archive selected videos on a master format for archival purposes. The LAMVF may also screen selected videos at partner festivals and events. However, the LAMVF is not responsible for returning or preserving videos submitted.