Are you confident your screenplay would sell if it was given a chance? If it had an awesome cover design and was available as a paperback and e-book on Amazon, would it be a best-seller? Would you like to have your screenplay published on 15 October 2018?
Hundreds of FilmFreeway screenwriters have already taken part in this unique screenplay contest since it launched in early 2016, with many of them appearing on Amazon's best-sellers list for screenplays, including the NUMBER ONE spot in October 2016!
This is not your standard screenplay contest... It’s the most exciting, refreshing and potentially rewarding contest we think you'll find, designed so that you can sell your screenplay as a paperback and as an e-book while you participate.
- As soon as you enter the contest, you become an internationally published screenwriter with Dizzy Emu Publishing
- Your screenplay is made available for sale internationally, either as an e-book, paperback or as both on Amazon
- The result of the contest is determined by screenplay sales, not by a small panel of judges - the public decides
- All writers who enter the contest receive ALL of the royalties for their screenplay’s sales, paid directly to them from Amazon
- Writers retain ALL rights to their screenplay
- The entry fee includes all cover art for the published version of your screenplay, plus you may also submit your own artwork if you wish
- Just because the contest ends, the availability of your screenplay doesn't - it will stay published and you will remain the sole recipient of all of its sales royalties
Each writer who enters the contest receives ALL of the royalties for their sales directly from Amazon. They also retain full control of their screenplay's rights and pricing.
For e-book screenplay sales, writers receive approximately 70% of the sale price of $2.99.
For paperback screenplay sales, a 100 page screenplay sold at $9.99 earns the screenwriter approximately $4.00. This is the list price minus the production costs and Amazon's commission.
The overall contest winner is the writer of the top-selling screenplay over each three month contest period and wins a full Publish & Marketing package from Dizzy Emu Publishing, worth $499.00 - this includes building you a website and making a video trailer to help you promote your screenplay. Additionally, as with all entrants, the winner will also receive all of the royalties from their screenplay sales.
The current window for submissions is 21 June 2018 to 5 October 2018, with a publication date of 15 October 2018.
When you submit your screenplay, please ensure you have completed the overview/synopsis section for it on FilmFreeway as this will form your screenplay's Amazon listing information and the blurb on the back of your paperback screenplay.
Entrants are given full access to their publishing accounts as soon as their screenplays go live on 15 October, meaning they can monitor sales, update their royalty payment information, order discounted paperback copies and make changes to their screenplay's listing on Amazon. The publishing accounts are easy and intuitive to use and the contest entry fee covers entrants for step-by-step guidance from Dizzy Emu Publishing regarding how to use them.
Each writer who enters receives ALL of the royalties for their sales directly from Amazon - Dizzy Emu Publishing does not take a penny. To be clear, yes - ALL writers in the contest receive ALL of their royalties, not just the winners of the contest.
Screenplays can be of any length but those under 20 pages are published as an e-book only.
If you do not wish for your contact details to be included in the published version, please ensure you submit a version of the screenplay which does not include them.
Please see dizzyemupublishing.com/screenplaycontest for full details.