The AI International Film Festival brings people together from around the world to share their visions about how Artificial Intelligence is reshaping our lives. View our Website at AIfilmfest.org.
Our live event has been rescheduled, it is now for May 12 - 14, 2023 at the Redstone Theater in Park City, Utah (our Summer 2022 event was cancelled due to COVID).
Submit your work now! We have awarded over 35 films as Winners. 30 films have been scheduled for screening at our Live Event.
See below for a partial list of Winners who are already planned for screening.
The AI International Film Festival is a cutting-edge GOLD FilmFreeway competition with monthly awards and bi-annual live screening events in Salt Lake City and Park City, Utah.
The festival is all about AI-related things like Universal Surveillance, Future Optimization, Biotechnology, Social Media Manipulation, Big Data, AI Weaponry, Robots, Deep Fakes, Person Tracking, Humanoids, Genetic Manipulation, Expert Systems, Job Automation etc.
In association with The AI Project (theAIproject.org), AI International Film Festival seeks to educate the public and increase awareness about how AI might change the world - both benefits and drawbacks.
Our team, consisting of experts and educators in film, behavioral sciences and AI, strongly supports education and participation of creatives and students in defining and exploring our AI future.
We look forward to viewing your submissions. Good Luck!!
Short Film Winners include:
ANIMA POSSESSION by Wai Mo Chan - HONG KONG
WORMS ATE MY FLESH by Nigel Broddack - NEW ZEALAND / GERMANY
FEEL by Johannes Pardi - USA
PARENTHOOD 2050 by Svetlana Bolycheva - RUSSIA
FREQUENCY by Aleksander Szeser - POLAND
YOUR MOUTH IS FIRE by Pedro MC - BRAZIL
LOOOP by Andrew Lee, Tom Shum - HONG KONG
HONEY I'M HOME by Den Zarubin - RUSSIA
RED GAIA by Udesh Chetty - USA
BECOMING HUMAN@WORK by Shanmuga Sundaram Nagalingam - SINGAPORE
THE OLD ROGUE by Steve Perkins - USA
TRANSIENTS by Marshall D. Hammer - USA
#TRESDANCING by Lesley Marshall - CANADA
Feature Film Winners include:
ARTIFICIAL SELECTION by Junga Song - CANADA
ARTIFICIAL JUSTICE by Simon Casal - SPAIN
UNICITY by Antonin Domage - FRANCE
A ZOMBIE MOVIE by Cristóbal Ross - CHILE
PRIME ANGEL by Tianwei Wang - CHINA
MONTHLY COMPETITION (42 Categories).
BI-ANNUAL LIVE SCREENING EVENTS selected from previous months of submissions
Best Picture (feature film or short film, any genre)
The Zepstone Media Award
This bi-annual cash award was created to support the next generation of emerging directors
Best Narrative Feature
Best Documentary Feature
Best Narrative Short
Best Documentary Short
Best Student Narrative Film
Best Student Documentary Film
Best Short Director
Best Feature Director
Best Student Director
Best Produced Feature Screenplay
Best Produced Short Screenplay
Best Unproduced Feature Screenplay
Best Unproduced Short Screenplay
Best Web/TV Series (also pilot)
Best Animated Short
Best Animated Feature
Best Student Animated Film
Best Game Video
Best Art Direction
Best Music Video
Best International Feature
Best International Short
Best Original Song
Best Costume Design
Best Student Story
Best Original Musical
Best Comical Short
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Original Score
TROPHY and CERTIFICATE
All winners receive a free certificate (pdf/jpg files).
Winners may order the official AI International FIlm Festival statuette for themselves and their team.
1. We accept works (submissions) which illuminate possible consequences of the AI revolution, now or in the future, direct or indirect, intentional or unintentional, positive or negative. (see event description).
2. We accept works in the following forms:
a. Short and feature films, in the form of narrative (fiction), documentary (non fiction), experimental or animated film.
b. Music Videos
c. Web/TV Series (also pilot)
d. Feature Scripts, Short Scripts
3. By submitting your work, you agree that:
a. You authorize the festival to use, distribute and share the work's poster, trailer, synopsis, images and movie stills in our social media, our website, film freeway, educational institutions, with the press and other communication channels.
b. Entry fees are non-refundable.
c. Multiple submissions are allowed for each work and each work may be entered in multiple categories.
d. You can submit your work again for the following months.
e. The works must include English subtitles (unless the spoken language is English)
f. The scripts must be in English, or an accurate translation into English must be provided along with any foreign language script
g. You accept all the AI International Film Festival Rules and Terms
h. The festival reserves the right to judge which works are selected, awarded or screened. Our judges are free to make their own choices. Judge’s decisions are final and non-negotiable; no answers will be provided about not selected films.
i. The festival will not offer you or pay screening fees.
4. We do not accept:
a. Extremist or propaganda content, which is determined based on the Film Festival’s sole discretion. The Film Festival does not accept content from religious or political organizations
b. Works involving politics / films promoting political agenda
c. Works with a poor production standard (bad sound, lack of subtitles/captions for non-English films, video resolution less than 720p HD, etc.).
5. Selected submissions, Awards, Honorable Mentions and Screening selections will be notified according to the schedules listed on FilmFreeway. The festival is not responsible for schedule delays.
6. If you win in an award category:
a. you will be provided with an Award Certificate
b. you may order a trophy for your specific category, please see price list
c. in addition, some Award categories may have co-sponsors providing prizes. One award or prize will be given to the winner designated on the official entry form.
7. The judges choose which works will be shown in the festival screening event. Preference will be given to works which have not been shown to the public prior to the festival screening (world premiers).
8. If your work has been accepted for a live screening event, you will receive the following:
Two(2) festival passes per submitted work to see all the festival films FREE
Admittance for one person to the “Opening Night Event" for each category for which your work has been selected
9. All submissions in personal categories require the name of the person and the category. You can easily send us this information in the cover letter at the FilmFreeway website.
10. All photos provided must be clearly identified with file names which include the name of talent, name of submitter, date and the name of the work.
11. Students must present a valid Middle School, High School or College Student ID in order to receive our student discount.
12. The Festival, in its sole discretion, can consider any work to be disqualified if the festival considers the content inappropriate.
13. If selected to be showcased during a live screening event, all screening copies must be received a minimum of 14 days prior to screening.
14. If your work has been accepted and you attend the festival screening event, you are responsible for travel, lodging, and all other expenses.
15. You also agree that by submitting the work and any related images or information related to the work that you are the owner of that intellectual property, or have received permission to use any intellectual property that has been submitted to the Festival. The festival only accepts submissions if the applicant is the owner of all rights of use. The festival reserves the right to request a corresponding proof of rights and to refuse the submission in case of absence. The festival relationship will exclusively be related to you as the submitter of the work and not with other persons or organizations.
16. By submitting your work, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the festival from any and all copyright or any other intellectual property infringement claims regarding your submission. You must obtain full rights to use any and all music, images, video clips or other intellectual property included in your work, unless your use qualifies as “Fair Use”. We recommend you follow the guidelines contained in "Documentary Filmmakers' Best Practices in Fair Use", available at https://cmsimpact.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Documentary-Filmmakers.pdf.
17. All stated information, eligibility and submission guidelines, terms and rules of submission, and submission information is subject to change by the AI International Film Festival, without notice.
18. In addition, the festival reserves the right to utilize images and video clips from the work for publications, public relations, advertisements and the posting of images or video clips on the Internet (for websites, social media portals, filmfreeway listings, etc. of the AI International Film Festival).
19. Participation in the Festival implies the unconditional acceptance of all provisions in these Rules and Terms. Producers, distributors or other persons or organizations submitting a work must attest that third parties involved in the production are in agreement with their participation in the festival.
20. The festival is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and agrees to these requirements and regulations. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless the festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and or loss of or damage to the works submitted
21. Submitters hereby consent to the Festival processing the personal data that is transmitted as part of the application for all purposes concerning the festival operation. Submitters confirm that they have the right to make the contact details of third parties available for this purpose. Submitters can revoke this consent at any time but will therefore be disqualified from the festival..