The A-TIPSOM Exhibition of Films (funded by European Union and implemented by FIIAPP) is centered on human trafficking with the aim of boosting awareness on the fight against human trafficking and smuggling of migrants. The film exhibition will include short clips and movies on human trafficking and smuggling of migrants made by Nigeria film makers.
The film exhibition will be attended by top government officials, members of diplomatic missions, youth, students, representatives of non-governmental organizations, and survivors of human trafficking.
The date for the exhibition is 24th October, 2020 (This date may likely change depending on COVID19 lockdown order by Nigerian Government). The venue and changes in the date will be communicated to the selected entrants.
Please note that all entry is free of fees; no payment is expected for submission. All genders are encouraged and welcome to submit their entries.
Nigerian film director/producer are invited to submit an already produced film (feature/documentary base on trafficking in persons (and smuggling of migrants); the duration must not be more than 45 minutes in length plus credits).
A Certificate of participation will be given to all Entrants and in addition to this, the best three (3) entrants will receive special Recognition as deem fit by the Organisers.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The contest is open to any Nigerian film director/producer who have produced feature/documentary films on Human Trafficking/Smuggling of Migrants. Multiple entries from the same person are accepted. But each must be packaged/submitted separately. Production date for all entries entered for the Exhibition should not be earlier than year 2015 (i.e. from 2015 to date ONLY are acceptable)
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION: You are required to provide your contact details: Name (in full with surname capitalized), Contact Address, functional Email Address, and Telephone Number etc
3. SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Winning Film Directors/Producers will be selected by Jurors on the merits of each entry in accordance with the rules guiding the exhibition (see below) and the laid down criteria formulated by the Jurors. All selected Directors/Producers will be notified via the email address provided in the entry form. Winners will be further recognized at the grand finale of the A-TIPSOM Exhibition of Films at a date to be announced later after the total lifting of the current nationwide lockdown due to the Corona Virus pandemic. The organizers shall be responsible for the transportation and accommodation of selected Directors/Producers for the grand finale in Abuja.
4. An Entry must be the original work of the Entrant, and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. It MUST also be in line with Statutory Regulations of relevant government Agencies within the Film Industry in Nigeria.
5. If an Entry contains any material or elements that are not owned by the Entrant, and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the Entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submitting such entry, all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the Entry by the organisers in the manner set forth in these Terms, including, without limitation, name and likeness permissions from any person who appears in or is identifiable in the Entry, music licenses and location releases.
6. The organisers reserve the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to the organisers from any entrant at any time. Failure to provide such proof may, if requested, render Entry null and void.
7. By submitting an Entry, the Entrant warrants and represents that he/she and any persons appearing or who are identifiable in the Entry, consent to, the submission and use of the Entry in the Exhibition and to its use as otherwise set forth herein.
8. Any Entry not in English must contain English subtitles.
9. By submitting an Entry, the Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Organisers may obtain many other Entries in connection with this Exhibition from other interested entrants, and that such Entries may be similar or identical in theme, idea, format or other respects to other Entries submitted in connection with this Exhibition.
10. The Entrant waives any and all claims that any Entries and/or other works accepted, reviewed and/or used by the Exhibition organisers and judges may be similar to the Entrant’s Entry, or that any compensation is due to the Entrant in connection with such other Entry or other works used by the Exhibition Organisers.
11. The releases for all content including, but not limited to, music and talent must be obtained from all appropriate authorities by the entrant/filmmaker. The A-TIPSOM Exhibition of Films is not liable for any copyright infringement or unauthorized usage. Any feature/documentary accepted into the Exhibition may be subjected to a pre-screen for any possible infringements and entrants will solely be responsible for any implications of this.
TERMS FOR WINNERS:
Notwithstanding the reserved right, entry is conclusively deemed to be permitted by the Entrant for the Exhibition organisers to use the Entrant’s name (without compensation to the Entrant) if the Entrant is a winner to publicise the Exhibition and otherwise, as determined by the Exhibition Organisers, unless prohibited by law. The Organisers may require the winner to be present for/participate in press and promotional activities. In addition, the Organisers may request the entrant to be present for/participate in press briefings and or other promotional/sensitization activities aimed at enlightening the masses on the dangers of involving in TIP/SOM.
CERTIFICATION (By submitting your film, you agree to the following certification)
I acknowledge that I have read and understand the terms & conditions (submission rules) and declare that my submission is in compliance with all of the submission rules of the A-TIPSOM 2020 Exhibition of Films. I agree to abide by the submission rules, and accept full responsibility for any and all content, finished or in-progress. I certify that the film submitted is not subject to litigation, nor is any litigation threatened. I further certify that I am authorized to submit this film/documentary to the A-TIPSOM 2020 Exhibition of Films. I understand that the A-TIPSOM 2020 Exhibition of Films and any of its constituents are not liable or responsible for the unauthorized use of copyrighted material. I accept responsibility for all content, including, but not limited to, pictures, sound, music, dialogue, performances, etc. I agree to hold harmless indemnify, and at my own expense, defend A-TIPSOM 2020 Exhibition Films, its representatives, officers, employees, and agents, from and against any and all liability, claims, causes of action, and losses or damage, including attorneys' fees arising or alleged to have arisen from the film owner's obligations herein and A-TIPSOM 2020 Exhibition of Films’ handling and exhibition of the submission.