What does “RISE UP” mean to you?
RISEUP: wake up, take a stand, empowerment, freedom (of expression), change, development, elevate, overcome, moving forward, spread the wings, grow, strive, resist, support, hope, community, union, together, diversity, inclusion, etc.
Make a 60 second film and submit it to the ESMoA Video Art + Film Festival: RISEUP! Deadline for submissions is Saturday, October 31 2020 at 5pm PST.
Films will be reviewed by a panel of judges from the El Segundo and Los Angeles arts community who will decide which films will be featured at the screening event at ESMoA on Saturday, December 5, 2020.
Films will be judged on the following criteria:
Creativity & Originality - Does the film exhibit originality? Does the film use imaginative and creative ways to convey the theme?
Message - Is the message clear and directly related to the theme of "rise up"?
Technique - This criteria can be defined broadly by the use of audio, visuals, and technical skills.
Engagement - Does this entry stimulate thoughts and ideas? Does the film provoke an emotional response?
Jury Panel will vote for Film Favorite, Animation Favorite and Video Art Favorite. Festival Attendees will vote for the Audience Favorite Award. Awards will be announced at the screening. All ages are welcome to submit a film to email@example.com.
Information about awards + prizes forthcoming.
- The video must be 60 seconds (not including credits).
- Applicants may enter one (1) film for consideration.
- All entries will be reviewed by ESMoA staff prior to jury selection. ESMoA’s decision will be final. Films will be reviewed by a panel of judges, their decision will be final.
- If you are portraying protesters into your video, please make sure to have their consent to be in the video.
- By submitting to this festival, you agree to allow the organizers of ‘ESMoA’s Video Art + Film Festival: RISEUP to use your video, in part or whole, for presentation at the festival, as well as for promotional purposes prior to and after the event. Promotion may include using your video on our Youtube channel, Facebook and other media.