** We are currently accepting submissions for our third edition which will take place June 2020 **
Athens Short Film Festival invites filmmakers from around the world to a night of independent short films, in the cultural heart of The Aegean.
Short films take a special place in the cinema universe. They are harder to access, and have difficulties reaching larger audiences, but their position outside of mainstream cinema and their length allows the filmmakers more experimentation and artistic freedom.
At Athens Short Film Festival, in collaboration with Mikrokosmos cinema, we aim to give a platform to documentary and fiction short films that are challenging our ideas of cinema and art, and are telling a story worth watching.
Short films of all genres are welcome. Maximum length: 40 minutes.
ASFF is run in association with Close:Up, a collection of international film festivals supporting indie filmmaking. By establishing a working network among filmmakers, producers and marketing professionals, we share one common goal: to forge productive and lasting relationships between independent filmmakers and audiences.
Films nominated for an award are part of our official selection, and are eligible for screening at the festival. We will be announcing the winners after the awards. Laurels will be available upon request.
The categories are:
Best Short Film
Best Short Documentary
Best Short Drama
Best Short Comedy
Best Short Experimental
Best Animated Short
Best Music Score
1. Films may be submitted to an unlimited number of categories
2. Only the films submitted to a category are eligible to win that category’s award
3. All films must be submitted in English language or with English subtitles
4. By submitting to a category you automatically apply for screening and give us the rights to screen your film at Athens Short Film Festival
5. By submitting to us you agree to the terms and conditions and to receiving marketing newsletters and discounts about film festivals. We will never sell your information to 3rd parties.