A one-of-a-kind conference and showcase for emerging filmmakers and game developers, TERMINUS is three days (June 15-17, 2018) of workshops & panels, screenings, game play and tournaments, networking, parties, and more in Atlanta, GA.
We're dedicated to empowering today's creators by providing them with the education, experience and opportunities they need to develop and produce entertaining and impactful work. TERMINUS hopes to bring filmmakers, video game developers, creators and fans of all types together for an event that is not only fun, but meaningful to their development as professionals and as storytellers.
Since 2016, over 100 speakers have shared their knowledge and experience at TERMINUS. Among the companies and organizations represented: Google, The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, Marvel Studios, Naughty Dog, Adobe, No Film School, Hi-Rez Studios, Cartoon Network and EA (Electronic Arts). With credits featuring some of the most notable and lauded films, shows and games being produced, including Doctor Strange, Destiny 2, Guardians of the Galaxy, Deus Ex: Mankind, Uncharted 4, Do the Right Thing, Atlanta, Street Fighter Series, Dragonball Z, Mortal Kombat, The Martian, Halt & Catch Fire, and Smite.
As TERMINUS (and previously as CMF Hollywood) presenters have included Naomie Harris (Skyfall, Moonlight), James Gunn (Guardians of the Galaxy), Mackenzie Davis (Halt & Catch Fire), Academy Award winners Wally Pfister (Inception), Jon Landau (Avatar), Mark Boal (Hurt Locker), Michael Giacchino (Up), as well as Jeff Goldblum, Elizabeth Banks, John Cho, Emma Stone, Woody Harrelson, and Kate Mara.
Golden Tripod Awards and prizes are given for Best Narrative Short, Best Documentary Short, Best Animated Short, and Best Web or Episodic Series.
If there are any questions, if anything below is unclear, we highly encourage emailing us before submitting. It's your money, it's your work. It's okay to ask if you aren't sure (just be sure your question hasn't already been answered).
1. Films must have been completed after January 1, 2016
2. TERMINUS 2018 is not accepting feature submissions at this time.
3. Because they are already in consideration for TERMINUS 2018, Campus MovieFest films are ineligible for submission.
4. Multiple submissions are permitted. Each submission must be accompanied by a separate entry and fee.
5. Secure Online Screeners including Vimeo (preferred) and Youtube are accepted for preview screening. No other media will be accepted for preview.
6. Submissions may be updated with a newer cut at anytime. However, TERMINUS cannot guarantee that the judges will have time to re-watch films once they've been judged.
7. A full refund will be granted for requests made within 72 hours of submitting to TERMINUS. No refunds will be honored once the 72 hour window has passed. This includes films that are removing themselves for consideration to preserve their premiere status, to meet the requirements of another film festival, or as requested by a distributor.
8. Submissions that violate the rules & terms above may be disqualified from consideration at the discretion of TERMINUS programmers, and submission fees will not be refunded.
FILMS SELECTED TO SCREEN AT TERMINUS
1. Selected films grant TERMINUS the right to use stills and excerpts for promotional purposes.
2. At the time of screening at TERMINUS, Filmmakers must hold the festival rights to all copyrighted music in their films.
3. All selected films must be available for exhibition as a digital file. Web Series & Episodic content maybe eligible to screen as a DCP. Films must be available for download (preferred) or shipped at the filmmakers expense to the TERMINUS office on thumb/hard drives. BLU-RAY AND DVD WILL NOT BE SCREENED FOR EXHIBITION.