A monthly selection of the very best local, national and international short films.
Six amazing short films, filmmakers Q&A, networking and even the chance to win a small prize. Taking place at The Birds in Leytonstone on the last Thursday of every month.
All events are currently postponed:
We would love Forest Film Club to be a place of steady ground in a world of uncertainty. However, in light of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and the updated government guidance on minimising social contact, unfortunately we feel that our only option is to postpone our upcoming events until later in the year.
Therefore, there will be no Short Film Thursday events on either Thursday 26th March or Thursday 30th April, while Thursday 28th May could also be subject to postponement.
Submissions are currently open but will also be suspended, as of tomorrow (Wednesday 18th March). Please be assured that all films submitted before this date will continue to be considered carefully and chosen films will be screened when our monthly events resume.
Thank you for your understanding and please keep an eye out for further updates. Don’t panic but please stay safe.
Anthony & Sarah
Each month the audience choose their favourite short film of the night. The winner will then go through to the Best Of event in June, for the chance of being crowned the overall Audience Award winner.
To submit a film, you must own the rights or have permission from the owner of the content to submit the film to us.
Rules and Terms:
Please read all the rules and requirements carefully before submitting your project:
1. A small fee is required for all submissions - all fees are non-refundable.
2. There is no restriction on when films were made.
3. All genres are welcome, however, we reserve the right to reject any submission deemed by the Festival to be inappropriate (any questions about this should be addressed to Anthony & Sarah and sent to email@example.com).
4. All films must be no longer than 25 minutes (including credits).
5. Any foreign language films must include English subtitles.
6. FFC is not responsible for broken or non-functioning films. We will not contact submitters if viewing links are broken or private links are sent without passwords.
7. If selected, filmmakers must be prepared to submit their film in MP4/H264 format (no larger than 3GB). DCP's are not required.
8. Submissions are rolling - we are constantly reviewing submissions in chronological order of when they were submitted. Your film can be selected for any of the upcoming events.
9. We will confirm which event your film has been selected for as soon as possible and no later than one week before the event.
10.. All chosen filmmakers will be given two free tickets, with further tickets available through Eventbrite for just £4 (early bird) and £5 (general admission): https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/forest-film-club-17388209366