OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES •
All genres welcome, including, but not limited to documentary, animation, narrative, experimental, music, and non-fiction short films, shot in any format
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The Pacific Coast International Short Film Festival’s (PCISFF) goals are:
• To motivate filmmakers, to share the stories they create.
• Encourage the growth of short films and filmmaking by providing an audience.
• Encourage stories that focus on the arts and artists.
• Cultivate the careers of film directors, producers and screenwriters working in the short independent film sector
Awards & Prizes
Best of the Fest
Rules & Terms
• Only films with a maximum running time of 15 minutes or less will be considered. There is no minimum running time.
• Films must have been completed no more than 18 months prior to the festival date.
• All non-English films must have English sub-titles.
• Works-in-progress will not be considered.
• Films must be submitted (uploaded) onto submission site in MOV or MP4 format in High Definition, no smaller than 1280 x 720, preferably full HD at 1920 x 1080
• Exhibition format will be from high definition downloaded films from site website onto a compilation disc.
• All selected films for the Festival must grant the Pacific Coast Short Festival the rights to use for press materials for promotional purposes.
• Films must NOT have screened in a SHORT-ONLY film festival in Southern California.
• Multiple entries are accepted; however, each film requires its own completed submission form and entrance fee.
• All films selected for the PCISFF grant the rights to upload a clip/trailer online for promotional purposes.
• Films currently in distribution through public media or any kind, including broadcast television or internet streaming at the time of the Festival exhibition date will not be accepted.
• Please no phone calls.
• No fee waivers will be permitted.
• Entrance fees may be paid by credit card, money orders or checks made payable to Torrance Cultural Arts Foundation.
• Foreign entry fees must be paid in U.S. dollars.
• All fees are non-refundable.
• Entries will not be viewed until payment has been cleared.
• A digital copy of all selected films for the Festival will be kept by the Foundation for historical record.
• No late submissions will be accepted.
• No fee waiver
Winners considered for Award nominations the following awards will be presented:
Best of Fest (Awarded by combined votes from audience and judges.)
Judges Favorite (Each judge will be asked to select their favorite submission.)
Audience Favorite (Awarded to the film with the most votes from the audience)