Our film fest is based on beautiful Salt Spring Island. We celebrate young filmmakers with our positive and unique festival. The Salt Spring Youth Film Festival is an annual event dedicated to showcasing new films by young filmmakers. This is our second year running and the festival will take place over two days on Salt Spring Island.
In addition to presenting programmes of films in all genres we will offer workshops and talks by film industry professionals in a fun atmosphere where filmmakers can meet and mingle with their peers.
$200 for best Salt Spring Island made film
In order to be considered, all submissions must:
1) be made by youth 19 years old and younger,
2) be under 10 minutes (including titles and credits),
3) be original video (video you shot yourself) or have permission to use,
4) have original music or music you have permission from the artist to use,
5) be in English or with English subtitles,
6) have an high-quality NTSC version of the film available.
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED, you must provide a downloadable HD video file in NTSC format. NOTE: I can not download your film from FilmFreeway unless it is submitted from Vimeo with setting permitting download.