CARIBBEAN-CENTRIC AND LOCAL BREVARD COUNTY FILMS!
The Palm Bay Caribe Film Festival is a first of its kind on Florida's Space Coast, home to large communities of people of varying Caribbean heritage and cultures who have integrated with others to make Palm Bay a true cultural melting pot. The festival, which will showcase the work of Caribbean, International and local Brevard filmmakers is hosted by the The Brevard Caribbean American Sports & Cultural Association (BCASCA), an organization committed to preserving Caribbean culture.
The festival is open to all films and filmmakers with a connection to the Caribbean as well as local Brevard County filmmakers.
Created as a cultural exchange between the Diaspora and Filmmakers whose work reflects their experiences, Palm Bay Caribe Film Festival invites:
- Filmmakers who are Caribbean nationals or of Caribbean heritage
- Films shot in Caribbean locations
- Films about the Caribbean
- Films featuring Caribbean actors or of Caribbean descent
- Filmmakers who reside in Brevard County, Florida
Although all films are welcome, preference will be given to family friendly films. FILMS WITH EXCESSIVE VIOLENCE, PROFANITY, EXPLICIT SEXUAL SITUATIONS, MISOGYNY OR IMAGES DEEMED DEEPLY DISTURBING TO THE PUBLIC WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The three-day festival begins with a RED CARPET welcome party and continues on with screenings of short films, feature films and documentaries from around the world, that tell Caribbean stories, were filmed in the Caribbean, produced by Caribbean nationals or descendants and/or star Caribbean actors.
On Awards Night, we will have winners in all categories plus a special award for Best Female Director/Filmmaker.
Categories are: Mini, Short, Middy, Feature, Documentary and Animation.
The festival is produced by BarriVision Films, producer of the successful Inspired Faith Film Festival, award-winning films and television shows.
Awards will be given in the following categories:
Best Feature Film
Best Short Film
Best of the Fest, Female director/producer/filmmaker
People's Choice Awards
All Films MUST have a Caribbean connection or be produced by a local Brevard County filmmaker. This includes:
- films about the Caribbean
- Films made in the Caribbean
- Filmmakers, cast, Director, Writer and/or Producer is of Caribbean heritage
- Films with a Caribbean theme - culture, history, folklore
- films made in communities with large Caribbean populations such as New York, South Florida, London, that include Caribbean nationals and/or speak to the Caribbean Experience
- Films about Brevard County or made by residents of Brevard County