The 16th IAWRT Asian Women's Film Festival will be held in New Delhi from 4-7 March 2020. The India chapter of the International Association of Women in Radio and Television has been organizing a film festival to celebrate International Women’s Day since 2005. Our festival is an attempt to bring together the works of Asian women directors in a range of genres - animation, documentary, experimental, short fiction and television reportage. The festival is held every year at the India International Centre, New Delhi.
The 15th edition of the festival received a record 700 film entries from 37 countries. We screened more than 50 films and had a curated section titled Soundphiles that covered a range of sonic genres. Over the years the festival has attracted diverse audiences enabling vibrant discussions. Sections of the festival have traveled to various Indian cities and International festivals in the past years.
In the 16th edition of the festival, alongside the general program there will be curated sections focusing on women directors from countries within the Middle East, the works and journeys of women photographers and a section across genres curated around the theme of 'Her upside down gaze'. Some of the questions that this section seeks to address are : What are the myriad ways in which women filmmakers are re-imagining the craft of filmmaking? Does our experimentation with film form reflect shared concerns, connect similar strategies, define a distinct vision of both our subjects and ourselves?
We would like to welcome you to submit your film for the festival. Please note this is a Non-Competitive festival. There is no entry fees but please read about some important instructions with regard to eligibility.
We would be grateful if you could circulate this Entry Form so that it reaches as many women as possible.
We look forward to receiving your films.
Please note this is an Asian, Women, Non-Competitive festival. There is no entry fees but please read about some important instructions with regard to eligibility.
- The filmmaker has to be a woman/ transwoman of Asian origin, residing in any part of the world.
-All genres – short fiction/fiction feature, non-fiction, animation, experimental and student films – are welcome.
- If the film has more than one Director, at least one of them should be a woman.
- Films made between October 1, 2018- October 10, 2019 are eligible for entry. The last date for submission is October 10 2019.
- Participants may send multiple entries, but separate forms are required for each entry.
- Films made in any language other than English are required to be subtitled in English, and will not be accepted for the pre-selection viewing.
- All required permissions from copyright holders should be acquired before entering the work into the 16th IAWRT Asian Women’s film festival.
- All image formats and aspect ratios will be accepted. The sound requirement of our festival venue is that it be mono mixed on two channels.
- Films that are already available online, will not be considered for the festival.
- If a film is selected, the copyright holders of the film should permit free-of-cost public screening at the festival and at any related events.
- If a film is selected we require a high res mov file to be submitted to us no later than Jan 30th, 2020.
- Please specify if we have permission for your film to be a part of the traveling packages.