***GIFF New Season has come up***
Submit Your Prestigious Work With 70% Discount .
Waiver Code : GIFF70DIS
Valid till : 30th November ,2022.
Gangtok International Film Festival is on a mission to present quality films from around the world to support, recognize and honor indie filmmakers with the best deserving showcase of their brilliance projects.
The Mission of this project is to discover exceptional art-house cinema from all over the world. The project has been initiated to provide a supportive platform for the exceptionally talented independent indie filmmakers who have taken the risk of making films that are offbeat. But the most important aspect of the project is to introduce more people to indie cinemas and develop a love for them.
Gangtok is a breathing and dynamic bit of nature's paradise of the northeast on the lap of the Himalayas. It is known as the exotic capital for a reason. It has an amazing view of Mount Kanchenjunga, the third highest mountain peak in the world.
It is dedicated to the film fraternity of the North-eastern region of India. This initiative aims to build a platform for the new as well as professional filmmakers to come together and explore different aspects of movie-making.
The officially selected project in each month will receive laurel and certificate and the winners will receive customised certificate and laurel and are rated at their respective IMDb pages (if applicable). The monthly winners will automatically will be nominated for our annual live screening and GOLDEN YAK Award. ( Best of the Best).
Please read these Rules & Terms carefully before you submit your film. By submitting your film into competition in the Gangtok International Film Festival, you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of these Rules & Terms.
GIFF is open to any film, regardless of content, subject, or origin. Submitting your film to the GIFF is not a guarantee of selection. All the official selection, nominees and the winners will be listed on our website permanently. We treat every filmmaker equally.
1.The film submitted to the GIFF for a particular month can be re-submitted at any time for a second chance, considering that we have different judges' panels for each season.
2. Films made in languages other than English must have English subtitles otherwise they will be summarily rejected.
3. The GIFF reserves the right to refuse entries.
4. A director / producer may submit more than one film in a category and more than one category at a time.
5.You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the GIFF, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits and publicity.
6. After a film has been an official selection, the filmmaker will be notified, and eventually the film will be listed on the festival website under Official Selections. The Official Selection status doesn’t mean that your film will be screened at the festival. It means that your film has been appreciated by our judges of panel and you can use the festival logo on your poster.
7. The GIFF will not refund any fees if the filmmaker fails to submit the film in the correct category. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission media may be deemed ineligible at the discretion of the GIFF programming director or executive director. The festival does not cover any of the expenses incurred by the filmmaker.
8. We require an official trailer or poster, synopsis and a link to your film. Please select the correct category while submitting to avoid disqualification. We reserve right to re-assign films to the appropriate category.
9. A nominee will be privately screened for the GIFF judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
10. A filmmaker’s submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
11. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the GIFF, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits and publicity.
12. GIFF may without advance notice amend these Rules & Terms from time to time. Each and every such amendment shall be become effective immediately. It is your responsibility to periodically check for updates of these Rules & Terms.