Happy New Year to all our creatives around the world. 2020 was an extraordinarily hard year for the entire global community.
As a small but focused team, we know that due to the past year's events, not many of you would have been able to go out and produce new projects. Financing new projects in the current economic situation would also not have been an easy task. As an online competition, we have always allowed you to submit older projects so if you have something lying around that you felt never received the attention it deserved, please consider submitting it.
We expect submissions to be way down this year, and that's okay. Those who do submit just have a better chance to be recognized. And to help matters, we are offering our 2009 submission rates. All fees are half off this year.
We understand that competitions should not be the highest priority in the middle of a pandemic and an economic recession so we'll do what we can to stay afloat but make it affordable for anyone who has something to enter.
More importantly, please stay safe and stay healthy.
- The WILLiFEST Team
The winning projects are announced on Saturday, September 18, 2021 on our website.
Winners receive beautiful certificates and WINNER or RUNNER-UP laurels for promotional purposes.
Winning projects will be featured permanently on our newly designed website and promoted through our social media platforms.
Top Category Winners are included in a press release sent to over 1000 media outlets worldwide.
The winning projects will be announced on Saturday, September 18, 2021 on our website. No one will be notified before that date.
On Sunday, September 19th, entrants will have their judging status updated on FilmFreeway. Individual emails or letters will not be sent out so please check on FilmFreeway or our website for competition outcomes.
We are happy to accept your online entry. We do not accept any entry by mail or in any form of media.
Foreign language work must be subtitled in English. Competitions no longer have a completion date so somewhat older projects that didn't get the merit you thought it deserved can still be entered.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. I, the representative of the project being submitted (the "Project"), acknowledge and agree as follows in connection with the Project's submittal to WILLiFEST COMPETITION (the "Company") for consideration for the Williamsburg International Film & Music Competition (the "Competition").
2. I hereby represent and warrant to the Competition that (a) I am duly authorized, on my own behalf and on behalf of all other persons or entities who have any ownership rights in the Project, (b) the submission will not violate any law or any right or consent of any person or entity and (c) the Project is not subject to litigation nor is it threatened by any litigation.
3. I further represent and warrant that, to the best of my knowledge, the submission of the Project to the Competition will not violate or infringe any copyright, patent, privacy right, publicity right, trademark, service mark or any other personal or property right of any person or entity and that my Project does not constitute a defamation of any person or entity.
4. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Company, the Competition, affiliate, subsidiary and parent entities of each, and the officers, directors, employees, sponsors, partners, attorneys, advisors and agents of each of the foregoing from and against any and all claims, losses, or liabilities (including reasonable attorneys' fees) that may be asserted against any of the foregoing or incurred by any of the foregoing at any time in connection with the Project or the Competition's use thereof, and/or arising from any breach or alleged breach of any representation made by me to the Company or the Competition. Offerings, awards and prizes may change or be eliminated at any time due to consequences beyond the Competition's control and the Competition will do its best to substitute a fair replacement, if possible.
5. By submitting my Project to the Competition I agree to allow the Competition to use the Project's title, cast, crew, synopsis and other information related to it to promote the Competition.
6. If awarded, I hereby grant to the Company, the Competition, and their related entities (a) the right to use footage, trailers, stills and/or titles in which I own the rights to, and basic information from the Project for promotional purposes and (b) the right to issue and authorize publicity concerning the filmmakers and the Project and to use all associated names, likenesses and biographical information. I also agree to provide contact information for the director and producer(s) of the Project and grant the Competition the right to provide this information to film industry organizations partnering with the Competition at its discretion.
7. I represent that I am 18 years of age or older, or that if I am younger than the legal age to enter into contracts in my state, I have provided a written consent from my parent or legal guardian. I agree that any controversy arising out of or in connection with my Project and the Competition will be governed by the internal laws of the State of Nevada and conclusively determined by arbitration in the City of Las Vegas in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association before a single arbitrator mutually agreed upon by the parties. I hereby waive any and all rights and benefits which I might otherwise have or be entitled to litigate any such dispute in court, including without limitation a trial by jury.
8. I acknowledge that I have read and understood the rules and regulations explained herein for submitting to the Competition.
9. By submitting my Project I constitute my full and complete acceptance of the terms hereof. I acknowledge that no oral representations of any kind have been made by the Company or the Competition.
Updated December 2020