DUTCH MOUNTAIN FILM FESTIVAL
Dutch Mountain Film Festival (DMFF) is an independent film festival with a diverse programme revolving around the theme of mountainfilm. The festival is intended for film fanatics, mountaineers and lovers of the outdoors. It also caters for those who like arthouse film or extreme sports . In addition to new and well-known mountain films, the festival will also have a varied programme of side events featuring music, art, food and sports.
Following a trial in 2007, the festival proper started in Heerlen in 2011. The ninth edition in 2019 was attended by more than eight thousand visitors from all over the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, France and even South America. Initiators: Thijs Horbach, Toon Hezemans
The 10th edition of the Dutch Mountain Film Festival will take place from 3 till 8th of November, 2020 in Heerlen, the Netherlands and in Aachen, Germany, there where the mountains begin.
The Dutch Mountain Film Festival has been a member of the International Alliance for Mountain Film (IAMF) since 2014.
The mountain film is one of the oldest genres and uses its own imagery. We are all familiar with its clichéd images: death-defying panoramas of mountain ridges, glaciers and rock faces alternating with heart-stopping shots of fingers clawing for hand-holds, boots losing their footing and rocks breaking free. But the harsh mountain world is also portrayed for its symbolic and mythical significance. In this vertical wilderness, human resolve is confronted with all its deepest fears and vulnerabilities. The mountain film tells the story of man’s struggle with nature and records the stunning beauty of the untamed mountain world. The mountain film uses this world as its backdrop or metaphor for narrating the story of man’s confrontation with the unadulterated wilds.
Awards in the Dutch Mountain Film Festival competition 2020:
• DMFF Award is the major prize (Grand Prix : €1500) will be for the most artistic and original mountain film of the festival.
• Best Newcomer Award (mountainfilm debut : €1000) aims to stimulate new and upcoming talent and is awarded for the first production of a mountainfilm.
• Jury Award (€500) is a special prize awarded by the jury which deserves special mention
• Best Mountaineering Film Award (€ 1000) for best climbing film
• DAV Climate Award (€1000) The intention of the award-winning film is to throw a critical light on climate change in the mountains or the effects of environmental pollution. The film presents possible solutions on how individuals or society can counteract these changes.
Entries compete for prizes in all categories.
Note: WE ONLY ACCEPT MOUNTAINFILMS
Dutch Mountain Film Festival competition
The 10th edition of the Dutch Mountain Film Festival will take place in Heerlen (NL) and Aachen (D) from 3 to 8th of November 2020. You are welcome to submit your films now through FilmFreeway
ENTRY DEADLINE: July 1st, 2020
- The dispatching of any entry to the Festival implies acceptance of these procedures and regulations by the Entrant.
- All films must be either in Dutch, German or English language or have Dutch, German or English subtitles or dubbed in Dutch, German or English, or the film has no dialogue.
-The DMFF only accepts mountainfilms
REQUESTED MATERIALS FOR ENTRY:
- The Dutch MountainFilm Festival proudly accepts complete entries via https://filmfreeway.com/festival/DMFF, with at least 3 stills (preferably also a poster and trailer).
The winners will be chosen by a jury. The prizes will be awarded during the Dutch Mountain Film Festival 3-8 Nov 2020 in Heerlen and Aachen.
All winners will receive a specially made award and prize money. If you are not able to attend the award-show, it will be send to you after the festival.
The DMFF has the right to screen submitted films during the festival and follow-up travelling events without paying any screening fees.
ENJOY THE FESTIVAL IN HEERLEN
The finalists are invited to enjoy and share the festival, as well as to make the most of the special chance of meeting other first-rate agents and filmmakers.
As special guests, the finalists will be provided with:
Two passes for the official programme.
The invitation to personally present their film in the public screening that will take place in our theatres.
BY SUBMITTING, YOU ACCEPT OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Read the full Terms and Conditions here: https://www.dmff.eu/en/about-dmff/terms-and-conditions/