Arpa International Film Festival (AIFF) is dedicated to cultivating cultural understanding and global empathy by creating a dynamic forum for international cinema. Over the past 21 years, the festival has bridged cultural divides by fostering dialogue among people of diverse backgrounds. By showcasing local and international films that explore critical issues such as war, genocide, diaspora, dual identities, exile and multiculturalism, Arpa International Film Festival (AIFF) has solidified its role in safeguarding films that continue to make a social impact. Visit our film festival website for more info: http://www.arpafilmfestival.com
- BEST FEATURE FILM AWARD
- BEST DIRECTOR AWARD (feature narrative films only)
- BEST SCREENPLAY AWARD (feature narrative films only)
- BEST DOCUMENTARY FILM AWARD (feature-length documentaries only)
- BEST SHORT FILM AWARD
- RISING STAR HONORARY AWARD
- LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT HONORARY AWARD
General Festival Rules
1. The Arpa International Film Festival (Arpa IFF) accepts films from all countries and in all languages worldwide.
2. If not in English, your film submission must have English subtitles or be dubbed in English.
3. It is preferred that your film has not been through formal distribution channels.
4. Once your film submission has been accepted, you will need to provide the following:
Basic film production info (director, screenwriter, producer, cast, synopsis, and list of important screenings/awards),
Film poster and stills (high-res JPG or PDF images),
Web link to official film trailer open to public on YouTube or Vimeo,
Film print (we can screen and accept only DCP, 35mm, and BluRay film formats).
5. If your film submission gets a Nominee status, you will additionally have to provide the following:
Web link to official film screener we can share with our jury members,
Download link to official film trailer in HD 1920x1080 MOV or MP4 format.
6. Film Supplier is responsible for the cost of film print(s) shipment to the Festival which should be delivered not later than October 12, 2018. If required and requested in advance, the Festival can only cover the cost of outbound print traffic.
7. The Festival cannot be held liable for any film or video print materials which may be lost or damaged.
Festival Terms and Conditions
1. I have read, understood and fully complied with all Arpa International Film Festival (Arpa IFF) submission eligibility information, General Festival Rules, Terms & Conditions of entry and entry eligibility requirements.
2. The film I am submitting is not the subject of any litigation or threatened litigation.
3. I am duly authorized to submit this film to the competition.
4. I hold the Arpa IFF harmless and indemnify it from any damage to the print(s) en route or otherwise during the course of the festival’s possession of the film print. In addition, I agree to hold the Arpa IFF harmless and indemnify it from cost and/or damages incurred as a result from any litigation and or threatened litigation as a result of the screenings of the film.
5. The number(s), date(s), time(s), and location(s) of the screenings of films are at the discretion of the Festival.
6. The Festival reserves the right to change or adjust any and all festival rules, awards and guidelines without notice.
7. The Festival accepts DCP, 35mm and BluRay Disc prints only, and retains all prints in its film library unless requested otherwise.
8. Film Supplier is responsible for the cost of film print shipment to the Festival, and the Festival can cover the cost of outbound shipment back to the Film Supplier, if requested.
9. The Festival reserves the right to complete any information not supplied by the Filmmaker or Film Supplier from whatever source available and will not be responsible for any incorrect information.
10. Films may not be withdrawn after acceptance into the Festival.
11. No hidden fees during the submission process whatsoever. In addition, no requests for screening fees or any other kind of reimbursement allowed after acceptance into the Festival.
12. Unclaimed film prints will be discarded one year after the last day of the present Festival.
13. By signing this form and submitting this film, I hereby grant the Arpa IFF all necessary rights to screen this film and use reasonable parts of the film for purposes of advertising and promotion.
14. To the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this document are true.