The annual Arpa International Film Festival (Arpa IFF) was founded on the vision of creating a platform for a diverse presentation of films from around the globe. A hub of global connection for over two-decades, Arpa IFF has cultivated a space of discovery, imagination & inspiration; by showcasing local and international cinema that explores all facets of the human condition. The Arpa IFF prides itself on championing a dynamic and international collection of filmmakers, joining in the celebration of unapologetic storytelling. Our festival is a beautiful collaboration of talented, passionate individuals who come together in the pursuit of change; to move an audience, and to help tell stories that touch all.
We are accepting films from all countries and in all languages worldwide that must be from within the past 2 years. If not in English, your film submission must have English subtitles or be dubbed in English. It is also preferred that your film has not been through formal distribution channels. Please refer to our General Festival Rules for all submission details, and visit our website for more info: http://www.arpafilmfestival.com
- BEST FEATURE NARRATIVE FILM AWARD
- BEST DIRECTOR AWARD (feature narrative films only)
- BEST SCREENPLAY AWARD (feature narrative films only)
- BEST DOCUMENTARY FILM AWARD (feature-length documentaries only)
- BEST SHORT FILM AWARD
- BEST ANIMATION AWARD
- BEST MUSIC VIDEO AWARD
- ANNUAL HONOREE AWARDS
General Festival Rules
1. The Arpa IFF (Festival) accepts films from all countries and in all languages worldwide that have been produced within the past 2 years.
2. If not in English, your film submission must have English subtitles or be dubbed in English.
3. It is preferred that your film has not been through formal distribution channels.
4. Festival screens and accepts film prints in DCP and BluRay Disc format only.
5. Festival's digital cinema provider is Simple DCP company from Culver City, CA. Simple DCP accepts all Arpa IFF film prints through festival official Simple DCP Submission Portal.
6. Once a film submission gets accepted, submitter receives an congratulatory email with Festival's 2019 Official Selection laurel, and will be asked to provide the following:
- Basic info (film title, country & year of production, names for director, screenwriter, producer, cast, short synopsis, and list of important screenings/awards),
- Film poster and film stills (high-res JPG images),
- Web link to official film trailer open to public on YouTube or Vimeo,
- Film print (using festival's official Simple DCP Submission Portal).
7. Film Supplier is responsible for the cost of film print shipment to the Festival's digital cinema provider, Simple DCP company, and the Festival can cover the cost of outbound shipment back to the Film Supplier, if requested.
8. Once a film submission gets a Nominee status, submitter receives an congratulatory email with Festival's 2019 Nominee laurel, and will be asked to confirm filmmaker's festival attendance and provide the following:
- Web link to official film screener we can share with our jury members,
- Download link to official film trailer in HD 1920x1080 MOV or MP4 format.
Festival Terms and Conditions
1. You have read, understood and fully complied with all Arpa International Film Festival (Arpa IFF) submission eligibility information, General Festival Rules, Terms & Conditions of entry and entry eligibility requirements.
2. The film you are submitting is not the subject of any litigation or threatened litigation.
3. You are duly authorized to submit this film to the competition.
4. You hold the Arpa IFF harmless and indemnify it from any damage to the print(s) en route or otherwise during the course of the festival’s possession of the film print. In addition, you agree to hold the Arpa IFF harmless and indemnify it from cost and/or damages incurred as a result from any litigation and or threatened litigation as a result of the screenings of the film.
5. The number(s), date(s), time(s), and location(s) of the screenings of films are at the discretion of the Festival.
6. The Festival reserves the right to change or adjust any and all festival rules, awards and guidelines without notice.
7. The Festival accepts DCP and BluRay Disc prints only, and retains all prints in its film library unless requested otherwise.
8. Film Supplier is responsible for the cost of film print shipment to Simple DCP company, and the Festival can cover the cost of outbound shipment back to the Film Supplier, if requested.
9. The Festival reserves the right to complete any information not supplied by the Filmmaker or Film Supplier from whatever source available and will not be responsible for any incorrect information.
10. Films may not be withdrawn after acceptance into the Festival.
11. No hidden fees during the submission process whatsoever. In addition, no requests for screening fees or any other kind of reimbursement are allowed after acceptance into the Festival.
12. Unclaimed film prints will be discarded one year after the last day of the present Festival.
13. By submitting your film to the Arpa IFF via FilmFreeway, you hereby grant the Arpa IFF all necessary rights to screen this film and use reasonable parts of the film for purposes of advertising and promotion.
14. To the best of your knowledge, all of the statements in this document are true.