Dreams Come True Film Festival is the sister company to Dreams Come True Films LLC, which was established in June 2011. Based in Terre Haute, IN, Dreams Come True Films LLC is a faith based, family run independent production company that has produced five feature films and two short films.
Dreams Come True Film Festival's number one goal is to showcase the best of the best in filmmaking. We don't care what the budget is or who the star may be, we just want to watch amazing films by amazing filmmakers. Our goal is to stand out from all the rest.
Filmmakers are bombarded with thousands of choices when it comes to entering film festivals and we want to be the very first choice each year. Our festival is built on honesty and integrity, honoring filmmakers who give their all to make a great film. We'll have more categories than most, which equals more winners!
In addition to having many chances to win, our entry fees are lower than most festivals you will find anywhere! We know how making a film can break the bank, and we don't feel that the excitement of entering festivals should be dampened by seeing really high entry fees once you have found a festival you qualify for, so we make it as pleasant as possible.
The Season 4 event will be an ONLINE ONLY festival for a couple different reasons:
(1) We live in a community that has not yet embraced a film festival and our first two seasons (while great for the filmmakers) did not see a nice community involvement, which was very disappointing for us as festival directors. As hard as we worked to put the event together, and as much as we advertised, we cannot force the community to rally behind us and show support for indie films. Kudos to those festivals who have amazing support from their townspeople, but sadly, we are just not one of them.
(2) We tried for over six months to find a great new venue for season three, and sadly, the venues in Terre Haute are just not festival friendly. They were not made to be affordable to a new festival such as ours. And frankly, we just could not afford to rent a venue for a weekend and pay more than we take in. So as sad as it was for us to decide, we feel that trying an online festival for season 3 was the best way to go.
(3) And finally, the sad truth is, filmmakers in general will enter far more film festivals than they can possibly afford to travel to even when they are being screened. With the cost of hotels, fuel, food, and not to mention taking time off work, filmmakers just do not attend all the festivals that they are picked for. This means small, fairly new festivals will constantly see a very low turnout, which again, is very disappointing.
So, we hope that the change will not scare off the filmmakers who have come to know and trust us in season one through three or those who have just discovered us. We are still the company you can trust, to judge your films fairly and with integrity & excitement.
In season 4 we will have some incredible & competent judges who are very eager and are now standing by to watch the films submitted in 2020. These judges are film loving fanatics who are truly excited to join our team.
Submit your film today! Questions? Send us an e-mail.
Best Feature Film
Best Short Film
Best family / faith based film
Best Web Series
Best Music video
Best Lead Actor in a feature film
Best Lead Actress in a feature film
Best Lead Actor in a short film
Best Lead Actress in a short film
Best Supporting Actor in a feature
Best Supporting Actress in a feature
Best Supporting Actor in a short
Best Supporting Actress in a short film
Best teen actor or actress in a feature or short film (if nominated by judges)
Best younger actor or actress in a feature or short film (if nominated by judges)
Best Senior Citizen actor or actress in a feature of short film (if nominated by judges)
Most Inspiring Film
Most intriguing movie trailer
Best looking movie poster
Best Overall (The WOW factor) This film will be the *BEST OF FEST* Trophy Winner!
But ALL Semi-Finalists will receive a laurel and a printable certificate perfect for framing.
Winners will also be able to create their own laurel wreaths from our festival page.
Because we are now an ONLINE film festival, we will change things up a bit. Instead of naming "Official Selections" we will name the highest rated films "Semi-Finalists" and they will be announced on December 12, 2020. These will be all the films that are eligible for wins. And then December 24, 2012 we will announce the WINNER in each category. The winner in each category will receive a printable award certificate. And then there will be one big winner "BEST OF FEST" and the winner of the Best of Fest will receive a DREAMS COME TRUE FILM FESTIVAL TROPHY!
************ NEW! JUST ADDED 04.18.19 ************
We have formed a partnership with INKTIP:
InkTip: Where producers go for scripts and writers.
Winners of the [insert category name] will receive an InkTip Script Listing to promote themselves and their scripts to InkTip’s entire network of producers, managers, and agents.
Companies who are InkTip members include: ABC, Anonymous Content, APA, CBS Films, HBO Films, ICM, Paradigm, Paramount Pictures, Hallmark Channel, FX, Universal, WME, Echo Lake, Zero Gravity, Bad Robot, 20th Century Fox, and many more.
Producers have made more than 375 films from scripts and writers found through InkTip.
1. We will accept films from any year and any size budget.
2. Filmmakers may submit more than one film. However, every submission requires it's own entry fee.
3. All submissions are final once entered. Our judges will begin reviewing the materials we receive immediately. No refunds. Please do not ask for waivers.
4. Short films must be 40 minutes or less including credits.
5. Feature films must be between 40-150 minutes including credits.
6. By submitting your film, you grant us permission to share your film with our judges and festival Director.
7. Absolutely no pornographic material. Absolutely no nudity will be accepted.
8. All submissions must be ONLINE only, as our 12 judges all need to have access to the films via online / FilmFreeway. *THINK GREEN*
9. Submissions in languages other than English must be subtitled.
10. Once you have submitted a project, please be sure to LIKE and follow us on Facebook and we would appreciate you sharing our fan page.
We reserve the right to change your category if you happen to be the only project submitted in a particular category, to prevent there from only being one submission, and a winner by default. Any questions? Please ask.
Response from festival:
Thank you so much for this beautiful review! We are so happy that you found us in 2019 and submitted your project , "Why She Smiles" and we're thrilled that it's doing so well in festivals all over! It is a beautiful project and we continue to wish you all (and Jamie) much success and happiness. God Bless.
Response from festival:
Sharon Wilharm, Thank you so much for your very thoughtful and kind review. As you stated, as filmmakers as well, we do want to run a festival based on integrity, and we certainly do want each filmmaker to feel appreciated. We receive a lot of joy running this festival and showcasing and rewarding hard working filmmakers. And your film was an exceptional film that deserved every honor it received. God Bless you and all of your future endeavors. P.S. Thank you for noticing and acknowledging all the hard work we put into DCTF festival. Happy New Year!
Response from festival:
Thank you so much Jil Ross! It was a pleasure watching and judging your project, Chi-Nanigans. It is such a wholesome and fun project and we also thank you for putting together something the whole family can watch and enjoy together. We need much more of that. We hope to see future projects from you. Happy New Year.
Response from festival:
Hello Zak. We hope you are doing well. Thank you for submitting The Safe House to DCTFF season 3. We appreciate you coming on to post a note to us. Congratulations on also being nominated for Best Cinematography and Best Editing in a short film. That's quite an accomplishment. Good luck to you and your team, and Merry Christmas! Please come back and see us again in the future. We hope to stick around for a few more years.