ENTRIES FOR THE 5th EDITION OPENS on 2 May 2023
After 4 successful editions we are pleased to announce opening of the 5th edition.
The theme of the festival is CULTURAL DISCOVERY.
Independent filmmakers and all film lovers are welcome to join us in 2 days of exciting events. In addition to live screening of your work, you will also get opportunities for networking, participation in discussions/seminars, and a co-creators' workshop on the sidelines of the main event. We offer celebrations for all who have a passion for filmmaking and for film viewing. We value story/content over budget. If you enjoy and have the courage to experiment, here is the place for you to showcase your work.
1. Cinema of all genres, any length and budget are welcome from all over the world.
2. A special section on Regional films with awards
3. A co-creators' workshop for the successful entries. You can get potential partners and financiers in this event.
4 Masterclasses on the art of filmmaking by industry experts.
5 World premieres of the films are a high priority.
6 Selection and screening of the films will be as follows:
a): Official Selection: First Selection list will be named as "Official Selection". These films will get a Certificate of Official Selection.
b): FINALISTS: Second Selection will be from the Official Selection list. The films selected from the first list will be named as "FINALISTS". These films will qualify for screening depending upon requisite technical requirements.
c): SCREENING: Some of the FINALISTS will be selected for Screening.
d): AWARD WINNERS: Award will be announced on the last day of screening in the Award Ceremony. Some celebrity from India or abroad with give away the awards.
We have many awards in different categories which will be announced after the screening of the films.
1. Cinema of all genres allowed.
2. No restrictions in length
3. No restriction on the year of making or release
4. All non-English language films must be subtitled in English.
5. English films with English subtitles are encouraged.
6. We also accept submissions that have premiered elsewhere.
7. Films available for viewing on free platforms (like YouTube) can participate but the films will not be considered for screening.
8. Multiple entries are allowed; however, a separate entry must be submitted for each category.
9. Entry fees are non-refundable.
10. We will not be liable for any costs claimed as a result of a change in scheduling and/or venue.
11. No film may be withdrawn from the festival program after its selection.
12. If chosen as an official selection, Aravali International Film Festival is granted the permission to exhibit the film at Aravali International Film Festival and all associated screenings and their all media publicity material.
13. Location and timing of any screenings of the film shall be the sole decision of the organizers of the Aravali International Film Festival.
14. Filmmakers/submitters will be solely responsible for all costs resulting from the submission of the film to the Festival.
15. Films selected for screening maybe required in the DCP format. Filmmakers/submitters will send us the DCP format at their own cost and risk., if required
16. Although every precaution will be taken to prevent loss or damage to materials while in the possession of the festival, Aravali International Film Festival is not responsible should any materials be damaged while in transit to or from, or while in the possession of the festival.
17. The filmmaker holds Aravali International Film Festival, its management, juries, subsidiaries, partners, agents, sponsors, affiliates, and volunteers etc. harmless from any and all claims of liability resulting from entry.
18. The filmmaker/submitters certify to have full rights on the film/material submitted to the festival. The filmmaker/submitter will indemnify the organizers of Aravali International Film Festival against all claims, demands, costs, damages, expenses (including legal fees), proceedings and losses resulting from the screening of the film at the Festival or from claims by any third parties.
19. The filmmaker/submitter certifies that the music used especially in the music videos is an original score. If any copyright claim arises especially for the music videos then the filmmaker/submitter will be fully responsible for it.
20. Decisions of the management of the festival will be final and binding to the submitters regarding judgment, selection, screenings, awards, prizes, certificates, laurels, venue, dates, schedule or any other activity related to the event. Filmmakers/submitters certify and undertake to abide by the decision of the festival management at the time of submission of the film.
Response from festival:
Thank you for your time and efforts to come to the event on the 16th of April in New Delhi for a short time. You traveled a long distance to attend the event. We appreciate it. You are right. There is “bad” communication because you traveled a long distance, assuming your film will be screened.
In our emails, Filmfreeway portal, and on our website, we have very clearly mentioned the process of selection for screening the films. Obviously, you did not understand that therefore, traveled such a distance.
Upon your arrival at the venue, our festival director offered you coffee/ snacks in the adjacent restaurant and explained the full process again in Hindi. During this conversation, you were very friendly and nodded your head giving the impression that you understood what he told you. Unfortunately, it appears that you failed to understand what he told you in the Hindi language too.
Your film reached the first selection stage but could not compete to reach the Finalist stage because we had better films. This is pure competition.
Anyway, thank you for your feedback. We hope you will participate again in the festival with better cinema work. We are sorry if we have disappointed you.