Hej! Welcome to Bergman's country. We have it all, serene countryside, Strangers meeting on a train to self rediscovery, strawberries that grow wild in the ever expanding fields. Sweden and Swedish film makers have made their mark on world cinema from the Sjöstrom's silent era to politically charged 60's when Mai Zetterling's THE WAR GAME got a BAFTA nomination and also got a silver lion.
We at SWEDISH INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL, are excited to announce that we are here to reintroduce Sweden as the go to destination for celebration of European and world cinema. We would like to join us as we embark on this journey filled with ambition and nostalgia.
All entries are promoted for free through our social media and websiteunless submitter prefers not to. For this purpose, we recommend that projects must be fully entered on FilmFreeway, including synopsis, and downloadable poster and trailer.
All selected entries receive Official Selection Laurel. Winners will receive Official Certificate, Laurel.
OFFICIAL SELECTION (Eligibility List): Qualifies to be considered under the competition category for monthly awards.
FINALIST (FIRST ROUND OF SELECTION) : Shortlisted films from official selection to be considered under the competition category for monthly SIFF awards.
WINNER (SELECTED FOR SCREENING) : All the monthly winners will be screened initially on our website.
SCREENING IN SWEDEN : Our judges will handpick the films from our monthly winners to screen before a live audience. The Live screening will take time. The final selection of films is entirely decided by our Jury pannel. Our First Physical screening will take place in October 2021at a beautiful little town in Sweden. Dates is TBD.
1. Make a film. We accept and screen SHORTS and FEATURES of any genre. Length of films screened are from 10 seconds to 3 hours!
2. The films must include English subtitles (unless the spoken language is English).
3. We also accept submissions that have premiered elsewhere and that may have distribution agreements already in place.
4. All films for consideration must be submitted online through FilmFreeway.com
5. Multiple entries from the same submitter are accepted. A separate submission and a separate entry fee must accompany each entry.
6.By submitting your project to SIFF you confirm that you own the rights of the work submitted. Participants films must follow copyright laws for music, footage or any other form of material used in their films. The Festival won't take any responsibility.
7.All selected films and winners will receive the laurels by email.
8.All the winners of each category will receive an award certificate by email.
9. We provide No fee waiver. All entry fees are non-refundable.
10. Lastly, we will promote your film across globally. It's very important that you follow us on social media to get the attention.