ARTCROFT FILM AND VIDEO FESTIVAL: Art and Community
Artcroft Creative Center’s mission is to provide direct support to individual artists and the community. The Center's residency program allows literary and visual artists a rural and serene environment in which to work creatively without distractions. Support goes to the community via arts programming, collaborations, small venue presentations, and partnerships.
Artcroft's (first annual) Film and Video Festival brings together these two aspects of their mission--the artist and the community--to celebrate the collaboration, the tension, the joy or the frustration of "Art and Community." We're looking for film/video works that depict an artist in a community, a community of artists, art saved by a community, a community saving an artist--whatever art and community means to you. An artist can be a painter, a violinist, a poet, a sculptor, a gardener, a composer, or a mathematician. A community can be a city, a borough, a block, a high-rise, a prison, a school, or a cooperative.
We're looking for work about art and communities that transports, inspires, instigates, agitates, or does all the above. Documentary, Experimental, Narrative or Animation, up to 60 minutes. If you think that the jury might have trouble figuring out how your work fits into "Art and Community", please explain why you think it does!
Awards & Prizes
Directors Award: Best of Fest
Jurors Award: Documentary
Jurors Award: Experimental/Animation
Jurors Award: Narrative
Audience Choice Award
Rules & Terms
The 2016 ARTCROFT FILM AND VIDEO FESTIVAL (2016AFVF) "Art and Community" is open to any film or video that somehow encompasses the theme of Art and Community (see above for explanation.) Submitting your film to the 2016AFVF is not a guarantee of selection. All the Official selections and the Award Winners will be listed on the Artcroft website or Facebook page. All the winning films will receive an award and/or certificate via mail. Please read all rules and regulations before submitting your project.
1. Films made in languages other than English must have English subtitles.
2. After a film has been an official selection, the filmmaker will be notified, and eventually the film will be listed on the festival website under Official Selections. Official selection doesn’t mean that your film will be screened at the festival, although we will make every effort to screen all accepted works. Even if your accepted film/video is not screened, you are eligible for an award, although it's most likely that award winners will be screened. A festival laurel will be available for you to use in promoting your work.
3. Films that are selected to screen with us will have the opportunity to opt out of their screening while still maintaining their award/s if there is a conflict with another festival, event, or distribution contract. We would prefer, however, to have the right to screen any of the submitted projects.
4. A filmmaker will not be reimbursed the submission fee if they decide to withdraw the submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
5. The 2016AFVF is hereby granted the rights to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted for promotional purposes of the festival within the United States only. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements, rules and regulations.
6. The 2016AFVF reserves the right to refuse entries.
7. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the 2016AFVF, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
8. By submitting your film to the 2016AFVF, the individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that 2016AFVF is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements, rules and regulations. Films that are selected to screen with us will have the opportunity to opt out of their screening while still maintaining their award/s.
9. A film will only be eligible for the 2016AFVF jury competition if fees and forms are submitted with the film. We support independent film and encourage all genres to enter.
10. The 2016AFVF will not refund any fees if the filmmaker fails to submit the film in the correct category. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission media may be deemed ineligible at the discretion of the 2016AFVF programming director or executive director.
11. LIABILITY. Although every possible care will be taken with tapes, films, drives and files while in our possession, we cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage. Do not send original or master prints, tapes, files or drives. Please keep the 2016AFVF notified of any address/phone number changes.
Upload an official poster, synopsis and a link of your film. We accept all genres in any language, from around the world (with English subtitles, if needed). Please select the right category, while submitting to avoid disqualification.