The 10 Minute Film Festival is hosting its first event designed to showcase creative filmmakers in the Northeast region. Participants will be asked to submit a short film not to exceed 10 mins (including credits). Participants will be given a list of several challenges that can be completed in their film. These challenges are not mandatory but if completed And chosen may win additional prizes. Films will be rated by a panel of three judges who will grade films based on creativity of completed challenges and film quality. The 10 Minute Film Festival will be a Facebook LIVE Event held May 30th @ 6pm.
First Place for Best Film: $75
Second Place for Best Film: $50
Third Place for Best Film: $25
*These challenges are not mandatory
Challenge 1: Most creative Continuous shot 45 sec minimum. Prize $50
No cuts & no edits (other than sound, color correction, titles etc.)
Challenge 2: most creative use of a “CLOCK” must be used in the film by any character. Prize $50
Challenge 3: Most creative "that's what she said" joke Prize $50
Challenge 4: Most creative Point Of View shot(POV) Prize $50
1. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older. Underage filmmakers must have their film submitted by a parent or guardian over the age of 18.
2. Entrant confirms and warrants that he/she has the required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images, and content in the entry.
3. Films must be submitted either electronically through the FilmFreeway website at
4. 10MFF will accept films that are the equivalent of an ‘R’ rating. However, the 10MFF reserves the right to reject submissions which it considers inappropriate in the sole discretion of the 10MFF Committee (e.g., submissions which contain excessive nudity, violence or vulgarity).
5. All entries must be either in English, contain English subtitles, or be dubbed in English.
6. All submissions for 10MFF are to be paid through FilmFreeway platform. The submission fee is non-refundable.
7. All genres are eligible. All short films submitted must not to exceed 10 mins (including credits)
8. All submissions must have been completed after May 2015.
9. By submitting to the festival you confirm that you own the rights of the work submitted.
10. Prizes subject to change