Now in its 2nd year, New Faces New Voices is changing the cinematic landscape by supporting the next generation of filmmakers, Web/TV creators and Screenwriters. Located at 3636 Studio which was recently voted one of the top production studios in Astoria Queens, NFNV is determined to showcase inclusive voices and diverse stories from around the world. Now in Year 2, NFNV is known for highlighting filmmakers of color, female filmmakers, members of the LGBTQ+ and disabled communities, including works by underrepresented communities and military veterans.
At New Faces New Voices we are dedicated to fighting for social justice and providing a platform for new works from around the globe. We pride ourselves on being the voice of the voiceless. Each season we host screenings, live discussion with filmmakers and provide complimentary catered food, wine and beverages for all attendees. Our recent alum Leah Kreits can now be seen in the upcoming NETFLIX series “Dash and Dilly.” This year we have over $10,000 in prizes and distribution opportunities sponsored by Final Draft, Bowery Film Festival, Screenblade, Katra Film Series, 3636 Studio, and International Screenwriters Association.
Every season we will curate a diverse, engaging, thought-provoking and unique program for our audience with post-screening discussions, Q&A, audience voting, social media cross-promotion and media outreach.
1. To be eligible, at least one member of the production team must be a part of an underrepresented community such as filmmaker of color, female filmmaker, LGBTQIA, military veterans, etc. Either writer, director, or producer must fit this category. If you feel that you fit a community that is underrepresented or marginalized, please submit your work. We are open to all voices and faces with unique perspective.
2. Submission Eligibility
- All submissions must have been completed after January 1, 2018.
- There is no premiere policy.
- Works-in-progress are accepted.
3. Exhibition Format: h.264 quicktime file
4. Submission Fee
The submission fee is non-refundable.