The Lights Dance Festival aspires to celebrate dance in its diversity and endless possibilities through the cinematic medium and live performance. With a vision of making dance more accessible to all, we strive to provide excellent programming of international and local screendance and live dance each year. As a not-for-profit which values and celebrates independent art and interdisciplinary collaborations, Lights Dance is committed to building sustainable relationships and infrastructures through which we can support artists of all backgrounds.
Lights Dance Audience Choice Award
All films selected for our festival programming are eligible for the Audience Choice Award. The winning short will be announced during the festival.
1. All dance films of 10 minutes or less will be considered. If your film is less than 50% dance as a core narrative component, it may not qualify as a dance film.
2. Films must have been completed after January 1st, 2022. Works in progress are not accepted.
3. Submissions accepted through FilmFreeway only. Please do not send DVD’s or Blu-rays.
4. Please keep links to your films private until after the closing of the festival.
5. Documentaries and live performance recordings are not accepted at this point.
6. If your film is selected, we will request film stills or clips from your film for use in promoting the Lights Dance Festival.
7. All commercial/private property including all trademark/copyrighted materials shown or recorded on the project is the responsibility of the filmmaker. Lights Dance Festival will not take responsibility for any infringement of copywritten materials.
8. No film may be withdrawn from the festival program after its participation has been publicized. Festival does not offer any refund through withdrawal.
Selected films will be requested in their native frame rate in QuickTime format using one of the following codecs: ProRes, ProRes HQ, or ProRes 4444. The digital file should be less than 10GB.