The Wildlife Conservation Film Festival attracts an international representation of film, filmmakers, advocates and scientists dedicated to the preservation of global biodiversity. Visitors come to New York and Los Angeles from across the globe to attend this unique film festival. Opportunity for the filmmaker and visitors exist to interact and engage is discussion.
Representatives from multiple distribution companies are invited to review films in the festival for television listings on their respected networks.
The WCFF has two annual events in the USA, New York and Los Angeles. New York is third week in October for 10 days, eights days of film screenings, panel discussions, networking and receptions. Two days are field trip for visiting film producers and scientists. The Los Angeles event is usually in April the week of Earth Day and is currently a five day event.
Film Producers receive:
- The ability to market your film with the WCFF official selection and, if selected for an award, an award logo.
- All access festival pass.
- You will be introduced at your film's screening, participate in Panel Discussion/Q&As to talk about your work
- Free admission to all festival related events.
- Sell copies of your film(s) and books at the festival
** 2021 COVID-19 UPDATE
WCFF plans to have a onsite, film festival in our theaters with a live audience in New York and Los Angeles for 2021. However we are at the mercy of the state and municipal government regarding the re-opening of theaters. In the event social distancing rules prevent a live audience, WCFF will host a online film festival, with both screenings and panel discussions. This will enable filmmakers to have their production seen by an even larger global audience.
* All films entered via FilmFreeway have the option to participate in the WCFF Channel. This is an online streaming service that brings the festival to a larger global audience. The WCFF Channel shares revenue with the filmmakers, giving you opportunity to generate income.
Entry & Judging Categories:
Foreign (Must be subtitled in English)
Humans & Nature
Music & Nature
Short (Under 20 minutes)
Student (Ages 21 and under)
Video Art and Experimental
Request film entry application with rules and terms to Christopher@wcff.org
* Acceptance into the WCFF means your film may be screened in both New York, NY and Los Angeles. All filmmakers have the option to include their production as part of the WCFF Channel, an online film festival that reaches a larger global audience.
The WCFF does NOT provide for airfare, accommodations or any other expenses incurred to attend the festival, unless otherwise arranged and agreed upon.