The Bowery Film Festival is determined to bring about a cinematic revolution unseen since the 70’s, striving to discover a new wave of renegade filmmakers creating raw, gritty, funny, and bombastic art in one of the most culturally rich and progressive NYC neighborhoods. Our mission is simple: to showcase works from filmmakers of all walks of life regardless of gender, race, age, creed, sexual orientation, or political affiliation and provide them with a platform to jumpstart their careers.
Located in one of the oldest thoroughfares in NYC, the Bowery is known by its singular namesake where world-renowned artists have lived, created and thrived…The Bowery also marked the eastern border of the "Five Points" slum popularized in the movie Gangs of New York. Home to Martin Scorsese, William Burroughs, and the American Punk Scene, the Bowery is one of the great highways of humanity, a highway of seething life, varied interests, fun, diverse culture, art, and rock-and-roll.
BFF will host quarterly screening events in top-notch venues on the Bowery with Q&A with directors, producers, screenwriters, and actors and the opportunity to network with industry professionals at our networking events and opening and closing night parties. The winner of each quarterly screening will win over $2000 in prizes.
All genres/forms accepted. Seeking Feature Films, Short Films, Web Series, Documentary, Music Videos, Experimental Works, Animation, and Video Art. We accept works-in-progress.
Although we have no premiere policy, works must have been completed after January 1, 2014. All foreign-language works MUST be subtitled in English to be considered.
1. Submission Eligibility
- All submissions must have been completed after January 1, 2014.
- There is no premiere policy.
- Works-in-progress are accepted.
2. Exhibition Format: h.264 Quicktime file
3. Please disregard any automatic notifications from FilmFreeway. If you don't hear from us DIRECTLY via email, your work is still in consideration for the 2018 Bowery Film Festival. Please bear with us as we carefully review all works submitted to us with extreme care and consideration.