The Motorcycle Film Festival celebrates the world’s best dramatic, documentary, short, and experimental films created by the international motorcycling community.
The annual New York City based festival brings together established and young film makers, riders, builders, enthusiasts, and industry executives to present compelling and engaging films, installations, music, and panel discussions.
Recognized as one of the world’s most important motorcycling events, past festival participants and entrants have received critical and international recognition, secured commercial distribution and funding, and enlightened worldwide audiences.
GENERAL FESTIVAL INFORMATION:
Dates: September 20-23, 2017
Location: New York City
Venue: The Wythe Cinema, 80 Wythe Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, 11211
Program to be announced Aug 15, 2017
Awards & Prizes
Best of Festival
Rules & Terms
SUBMISSION and FESTIVAL GUIDELINES:
1. Submissions are open to any and all films in which motorcycles or motorcycling are intrinsic elements of the film. Film submissions that are about motorcycles or prominently feature motorcycles will be accepted for review.
2. Motorcycle Film Festival accepts submissions only via the FilmFreeway submission and film upload system.
3. All films submitted are screened by the festival founder, festival programmer and the film festival screening committee using a scoring system that evaluates and assesses technique, execution, material, and originality.
4. High scoring films will be entered into the festival as “Official Selections” and screened during the festival. Low scoring films will not be screened at the festival.
5. Submission to the festival does not guarantee selection to the festival.
6. Submissions that have been entered into the festival as “Official Selections” will be notified on our website and via email on August 15, 2017.
7. Once notified, “Official Selections” must supply their film to the festival in a .MOV file format at 1920x1080 resolution.
8. All films must be in English or subtitled in English.
9. All payments and submissions must be received by deadline dates listed on FilmFreeway. No exceptions will be made.
10. All applicants must be 18 years of age or older, or have a legal parent or guardian submit a film on their behalf. We welcome all film talent, young and old.
11. Submissions received late, incomplete, or broken may be disqualified.
Submission fees are payable through the FilmFreeway payment systems and are non-refundable.
12. Entrants are responsible for obtaining any necessary licenses, royalties, release forms, clearances, and permits necessary to present their work. Motorcycle Film Festival and our venue partners are not responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or royalty infringement related to the work. In the event of copyright disputes, submissions or accepted films will be disqualified from the festival.
13. Please monitor the email and phone number you used in your submission. This is how the festival will contact accepted films.
14. "Official Selections" may bring and manage marketing and promotional materials to their own screening with prior permission from festival.
15. Please carefully read Motorcycle Film Festival’s Terms & Conditions as well as the Disclaimer of Warranties below, prior to submitting to Motorcycle Film Festival.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By entering or submitting to Motorcycle Film Festival, the entrant acknowledges his/her understanding and agrees to all festival Rules, Terms, Conditions, Guidelines, and Disclaimer of Warranties associated with the festival and listed below.
1. The festival and our venues reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
2. Submitters agree that clips from films and other materials related to their project may be used and/or published in the website, digital and print event programs, and for any promotional purposes deemed appropriate by the festival.
3. Entries in our festival are void where prohibited by law.
4. No screeners and/or promotional materials will be returned to the filmmaker, unless arranged in advance with the festival office via mail.
5. If selected, all commercial/private property including all trademark/copyrighted materials shown or recorded are the responsibility of the filmmaker.
6. The cost of delivery and pick-up of all materials is the responsibility of the filmmakers.
7. The festival and any venues used, hold no responsibility for lost or damaged property.
8. Screenings of accepted films are subject to delay and/or change at any time with or without prior notice.
9. By submitting to this festival, the submitter agrees to the following:
Submitter owns or controls the copyright in and to this film, and is authorized to submit this film to Motorcycle Film Festival and to the best of their knowledge, all statements of the following statements are true; This film contains no material which could result in tort claims, royalty claims, claims for breach of contract, or claims of any sort whatsoever; If this film is selected for screening, Submitter grants the festival the right to screen this film; Submitter understands and agrees that this film entry, if selected by the Festival, may have elements used for promotional purposes for the Festival, and/or its partners and submitter grants the rights to use up to eight minutes of footage, photographic stills and/or titles and information from the film for promotional purposes; Submitter fully indemnifies and holds the festival, all screening venues and festival partners harmless from: a) damage to or loss of the film print, digital copy , DVD, BluRay, Hard Drive, DCP, or videotapes en route to or from the festival and/or during the course of festival or afterwards; and b) from any claims which may arise in connection with this film. If a claim arises in connection with this film, Submitter will bear all the costs of defense incurred and pay any award of damages which may ensue. Submitter also agrees to reimburse the festival for any attorney fees incurred in connection with the defense of any such claims.
10. Submitter understands that the festival reserves the right to place my film in the appropriate competition category. By submitting my film, Submitter admits to understanding and agreeing to comply with and agree to the all Motorcycle Film Festival, and all partner venue Terms of Entry, general rules, and eligibility requirements.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
Submitter acknowledges and agrees that their use of website, attendance at Motorcycle Film Festival events, and submission entry into any festival event is at their sole risk.
Motorcycle Film Festival does not make any representation or warranty as to the accuracy, correctness, or completeness of any content appearing on the festival website or the FilmFreeway website and is not responsible for any errors or omissions of content, or generally for the reliability, accuracy, or quality of any content appearing on any website or any materials published, unpublished or distributed by Motorcycle Film Festival or any of it's affiliates.
The Festival is not responsible for any failures, delays, or interruptions of any festival related website.
The festival and festival partners and venue make no representation of warranty and disclaim any implied warranties of TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, and FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
By submitting to the Festival, YOU acknowledge and agree that under NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL the festival or our venues be responsible for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on the content obtained by this or any Motorcycle Film Festival connected or related website, or caused by your conduct.
Indemnification - You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Motorcycle Film Festival, and our partner venues harmless from any claim, expense or demand, including without limitation reasonable attorneys´ fees, made by any third party due to, or arising out of your breach of this Agreement, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
Governing Law - You acknowledge and agree that this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of New York, excluding conflict of laws provisions thereof that would indicate the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction and you hereby submit to exclusive jurisdiction in the federal and state courts of New York. You agree to receive service of process through certified mail or by other means sanctioned by law, and you expressly waive any claim of improper venue and any claim that such courts are an inconvenient forum.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY - IN NO EVENT SHALL MOTORCYCLE FILM FESTIVAL, or OUR PARTNER VENUES BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH USE OF THE WEBSITE / ATTENDANCE AT ANY FESTIVAL EVENT / ENTERING ANY FESTIVAL COMPETITION / SUBMITTING ANY WORK FOR FESTIVAL REVIEW OR SCREENING, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION FOR LOST PROFITS OR BUSINESS, OR ANTICIPATED LOST PROFITS OR BUSINESS, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. MOTORCYCLE FILM FESTIVAL, BV CINEMAS AND AFFILIATES AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO SUBMITTER OR ANY THIRD PARTY IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO ANY FESTIVAL SITE OR TO THIS AGREEMENT IS LIMITED TO $100.
If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
You agree that this Agreement may be automatically assigned by Motorcycle Film Festival, in its sole discretion, to a third party. Section headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of such section.
Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
This Agreement, along with any other terms and conditions regulating use of the Website, sets forth the entire understanding and agreement between us with respect to the subject matter hereof.
The provisions of this Agreement and any ancillary terms and conditions will survive termination or expiration to extent necessary to carry out intentions of the parties.
Trademarks - Unless otherwise indicated, all names, graphics, designs, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, commercial markings, trade dress, and service names included in the Website are trademarks of the Motorcycle Film Festival, and are protected by the trademark laws of the United States and other jurisdictions. You may not use, copy, reproduce, republish, distribute, modify or post any Trademarks in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to or distribution of materials on the Website, without our prior written consent. The Trademarks may not be used in any manner that is likely to cause confusion, or in any manner that disparages or discredits us.
Thank you and safe riding.
Response from festival:
I apologize for your frustration as we had issues with the original person in charge of the film festival trying to sabotage the festival taking place, so we were in a scramble to make sure it did happen and all of the film makers that spent their time, energy and money both making the films and traveling to Brooklyn were able to have their films shown. I remember this happening with one of the films, but Tommy who was handling all of the film screenings was in the room and worked as quickly as he could to resolve the issue.
As far as speaking about your film, you are correct, the way the schedule was laid out it did not allow time to have Q&A after each film. We have rectified this and this year's festival promises to be bigger and better than the last.
Thank you and I hope you will continue to support!