MicroActs 6 • OPEN CALL
We are back at our founding home, creative hub Hotel Elephant in Elephant & Castle central London, for 'MicroActs 6', an evening of Artist Films!
...short stories...small rebellions...mini manifestos...personal fables...snippets of memory...
MicroActs is a program of short films, 6 minutes or less, exploring concentrated storytelling through moving image. From bold political expression to delicate personal memories to abstract experimental collages; MicroActs aims to create a thought-provoking, informative and diverse evening of film. Works can be narrative or non-linear, experimental or scripted, abstract emotions, comedy sketches, music videos, and more, MicroActs is looking for works that share politics, intersectional experiences and tell stories.
The aim of these events is to champion subjective & personal political moving image works, promote artist film in London, and create a community of artists & filmmakers sharing their works and supporting each other.
All filmmakers who show with us are featured in the MicroActs' Filmmaker Archive on our website, an online showcase with direct links to each artist's website/digital presence, this resource allows exposure to a whole new audience & celebrates the range of works we've screened over the years.
• Films must be approx 6mins or less, our focus is on "micro" short films.
• We accept films from all over the world however films not made in English need to be provided with subtitles in English.
• We champion LGBTQ voices, and please provide us with your pronouns for our social media promotion of your work.
• We do not accept films that are in any way Homophobic, Biphobic, Transphobic, Body Shaming, Fatphobic, Racist, Classist, Misogynistic or Xenophobic.
• By submitting, you agree to show your film with us and be featured on our website as part of the MicroActs' Filmmaker Archive.
Response from festival:
Thank you so much for your wonderful review, Marilyn. We aim to make a platform for both showcasing and connecting artist filmmakers, and when we get feedback like this, it makes all the effort worth it! We were delighted to show your work and look forward to seeing what you make in the future!