One of Moviemaker Magazine's 25 coolest film festivals in the world.
An independent film festival on the shores of the Mississippi River in Pepin, Stockholm, Maiden Rock, Wisconsin and Red Wing, Minnesota, USA
The tenth annual Flyway Film Festival will take place in October 2017.
Awards & Prizes
The Flyway Film Festival has a juried competition.
The Flyway Film Festival is proud to announce our 2017 Short Film Competition in partnership with Seed&Spark!
Seed&Spark, a cutting-edge crowdfunding and digital distribution platform for independent film, will select and award the top two short films at the 2017 Flyway Film Festival in Wisconsin. The two winners will be picked from the top five short films accepted for inclusion in the festival, chosen in collaboration with a panel of Flyway jurors.
In addition to the prestigious "Flyway Ax," a stone sculpture presented to all award-winners at the annual film festival, the winning filmmakers will receive:
$500 toward their next Seed&Spark crowdfunding campaigns (on campaigns of $7500 or more).
Individual crowdfunding and audience-building consultation with Seed&Spark experts.
Eligibility to distribute with Seed&Spark’s major media partners.
Transportation and lodging for the winning filmmakers to attend the 2017 Flyway Film Festival.
In addition, Seed&Spark will create a Flyway channel on the Seed&Spark website to stream the top five short films, offering the films to thousands of viewers.
Additional competition categories:
Awards are given in the following categories each year:
Wisconsin/ Minnesota Showcase
Additionally, the jury has at their discretion, the ability to present Special Jury Awards for outstanding merit to any programmed film.
Rules & Terms
1. Films that have been previously submitted to the Flyway Film Festival are not eligible.
2. Films must have been completed on or after December 31, 2015.
3. Films in theatrical release in Wisconsin or Minnesota prior to, or at the time of the festival (October, 2017) are not eligible.
4. Film screeners will only be accepted via FilmFreeway.
5. Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images, and content in the entry.
6. Entrant will allow usage of clips from the film for promotional use on television, radio, in print, and at live Festival events.
7. All entries must be either in English or subtitled in English. Non-English entries submitted without subtitles are not eligible.
8. Student film entries must include proof of student status at the time of production (i.e., copy of student ID, transcript, etc. and should be emailed at time of entry to firstname.lastname@example.org with entry title in subject line of the email).