DMFA is an IMDb Qualifying monthly film festival that aims to recognize the best films in a variety of categories. It provides an incredible opportunity for filmmakers from all over the world to showcase their work and gain recognition in the industry.
See our previous winners:
IMDb event page: https://www.imdb.com/event/ev0056663/2023/1/
Each month, the judging panel will carefully review and evaluate each submission to select the best films in each category. Winners will be announced on the website and receive a certificate of recognition (laurels), as well as an opportunity to promote their work via an independent review on this website.
The categories for submission are diverse and cover feature and short films in a wide range of genres, including animation, comedy, drama, and more. With new themes and categories each month, filmmakers have the opportunity to showcase their talent in a variety of ways.
DMFA is committed to promoting the art of filmmaking and providing a platform for filmmakers to showcase their work. It’s a fantastic opportunity for filmmakers to gain exposure and recognition for their hard work and talent.
Process / Event:
- When juries have selected the selections and finalists, they will be notified before the event.
- For early submissions, the notification of selection will happen early.
- Finalists will be announced after the monthly deadline. They will be invited to the physical event.
- The finalists and winners will be announced online.
- Official Selection: Any entry that meets an average quality will be selected to compete.
- Finalists: 3 jury members will choose finalists from the critics. They will receive official laurels and recognition on the website.
- Winner: Each month's winners will receive recognition on the Filmfreeway, the official website, and IMDb. They will also be considered for a single review post. The final pick will be based on all critics' private ratings.
- Filmmakers from any part of the world can submit their work.
- Films should have been completed after March 2022.
- Films not in English should have subtitles.
- We accept films in any subject, genre, or length, except VR, Game, and 360.
- Finalists can attend the physical event.
- Winners will be announced online prior to the event.