The main aim of the Caravan International Film Festival is to develop a culture that aspires and inspires people interested in the art of filmmaking to come together and take part in cross-cultural innovations that rejuvenates and enrich people’s live with infotainment as well as entertain and educate them along. We, the people from Film O Kahini organization are organizing a film festival named Caravan International Film Festival, as the name suggests the festival is a mobile film festival screening films from multiple locations for the audience not from a fixed location just like a caravan moving from one place to another. This kind of festival is the first of its kind in the indie film fraternity where we tend to get past the geographical barrier and make the works of independent filmmakers not restricted to the audience from one particular location but to the people from different places thus getting an overall view, feedback and criticism of their work.
1. Films made in languages other than English must have English subtitles otherwise they will be summarily rejected.
2. A Director / Producer may submit more than one film in a category and more than one category at a time.
3. The CIFF reserves the right to refuse entries.
4. The CIFF will not refund any fees if the filmmaker fails to submit the film in the correct category. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission media may be deemed ineligible.
5. After a film has been an official selection, the filmmaker will be notified, and eventually the film will be listed on the festival website under Official Selections.
6. The Official Selection status doesn’t mean that your film will be screened at the festival. It means that you are now eligible for the nomination and you can use the festival logo on your poster.
7. The Official Selection status doesn’t mean that your film will be screened at the festival. It means that you are now eligible for the nomination and you can use the festival logo on your poster.
8. An official selection and a nominee will be privately screened for the SIFF judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
9. “Best” films of each category will receive a Laurel & certificate.
10. A filmmaker’s submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
11. We require an official trailer or poster, synopsis and a link to your film. Please select the correct category while submitting to avoid disqualification. We reserve right to re-assign films to the appropriate category.
12. CIFF may without advance notice amend these Rules & Terms from time to time. Each and every such amendment shall be become effective immediately. It is your responsibility to periodically check for updates of these Rules & Terms.
*Every month’s best films from each category will compete at annual film festival event and the best of the best in each category will receive the prestigious award and they will be screened in the presence of live audiences & filmmakers.
Please read these Rules & Terms carefully before you submit your film. By submitting your film into competition in the International Green Film Festival, you acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of these rules and conditions.