Mumbai- The city of celluloid dreams since past century- is the destination of thousands of budding & professional filmmakers in India & world. The city has nurtured many great filmmakers, technicians & entertained the millions worldwide through cinema. People also fondly called it as Bollywood. In the highly competitive age of cinema ‘Mumbai Shorts International Film Festival’ is the platform for short filmmakers to put their work forward among the league of professional.
MSIFF, a progressive cinema movement started in year 2012 with the consultation of senior industry members to highlight the short cinema. The 2012 inaugural year followed 2013 to 2019 editions witnesses the great participation & enthusiasm from filmmakers & industry professionals from India & abroad. The festival objective is to contribute towards the development of upcoming filmmakers & to create short films culture in India.
The festival aims is to feature great cinema of worldwide filmmakers in a big way & at the same time providing professional networking & introducing current trends of cinema to the participants. The festival also strongly advocates the need of commercial short film industry in India & will raise the issues related to short films in front of various governing bodies of cinema.
9th MSIFF-20 will prove one more step towards achieving excellence & enhancing your skills in cinema & fore sure it will contribute immensely in your growth as filmmaker.
Best Short Film
Best Music Video
Special Festival Mention
Honorable Jury Mention
Best Ad Film
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Original Music
Best Background Music
Rules and Regulations:
9th Mumbai Shorts International Film Festival-2020
1. Awards for both professional and students category-
❏ Best Short Film ❏ Best Animation ❏ Best Documentary ❏ Best Music Video ❏ Honorable Jury Mention ❏ Best Director
❏ Special Festival Mention ❏ Best Ad Film
❏ Best Cinematography ❏ Best Editing ❏Best Screenplay
❏ Best VFX
❏ Best Actor ❏ Best Actress
❏ Best Supporting Actor ❏ Best Supporting Actress
❏ Best Original Music ❏ Best Background Music
Certificate of participation + Jury Score Sheet to each film + Miniboxoffic Movies Ratings will be given to all entries. The winners will be honored with winning certificate and trophy + short film distribution deal.
2. Film must be subtitled in English if language is other than English and Hindi.
3. Year of production & accepted movie duration:
Year of production: Jan-2018 onwards
Short Film, animation and documentaries: up-to 60min
Music Video: up-to 08 min & Ad Film- any duration
4. Films participated in MSIFF-2012 to 2019 are not eligible for participation in 2020.
5. The decision of the Jury will be final and can’t be challenged.
6. MSIFF-20 stages/process:
• Entry submission as per rules & regulations.
• Notification of shortlisted regular entries by the festival office on 20 Nov 2020 & shortlisted late entries notification on 25 Nov 2020.
• Delegate registration to attend MSIFF-20 at Mumbai. All filmmakers must have registered as delegate to attend the festival. Hospitality charges are applicable for filmmakers & attendees, which include lunch, tea/coffee with cookies & master classes.
• Festival movies screening & workshops followed by award ceremony in Mumbai on 06 Dec 2020.
7. Mumbai Shorts International Film Festival-20 does not take any type financial commitment for the expense incurred on the correspondence by the participant. All Travel, Lodging & Boarding and other miscellaneous expenses will have to be borne by the participant himself for attending the festival. No request for the same will be entertained.
8. Once the film submitted can’t be withdrawn in any circumstances, however festival director reserve the rights to disqualify any film on certain grounds.
9. By submitting movie to Mumbai Shorts International Film Festival, filmmaker/producer takes the whole responsibility of copyright issues of music, script and other creative and technical aspects of film.