AniMAtic Boston is hosting its first big film festival! Are you an animator at a Massachusetts college who is currently finishing up a big film? Are you excited to share it? Then this is the film festival for you!
The MAST Film Festival is seeking completed animated student films, including senior thesis films, from current students and recent graduates. The festival is open to any students/graduates of Massachusetts colleges or universities who completed their film during the 2018-2019 academic year. Submit your film for a chance to screen in front of an audience that includes Boston’s thriving art and film community, including representatives from many of Boston’s top animation companies, and a chance to win cash prizes.
AniMAtic Boston is an organization that seeks to bring animators and artists together within the Greater Boston Area. Our goal is to build a community where members of the local animation industry can connect and share inspiration.
Please direct all questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Audience Prize: $200
Other Prizes: TBD
Massachusetts Animated Student & Senior Thesis Film Festival is a film festival located in Somerville, MA and hosted by AniMAtic Boston at the Center for the Arts at the Armory. Submissions must be made online through FilmFreeway. Official Selections will be screened at the Center for the Arts at the Armory on October 5th, 2019. Notice of Official Selection will be delivered via email. Physical prizes will be given to the award winners at the award ceremony shortly after the screening. Award winners not in attendance can have their awards mailed to them at the expense of the award winner.
Entrants warrant that they have the legal right to enter film work to the AniMAtic Boston Student Film Festival. As the Director/Producer of the Film, entrants have submitted to the Festival, entrants represent and warrant to the Festival that the Film and all parts thereof are original; that the Film does not contravene the rights of any person or entity and that entrants own or control the Film and all parts thereof and have the sole authority to submit the Film to the Festival; the Film entrants submitted to the Festival is not subject to nor threatened by any litigation.
Entrants acknowledge that no fiduciary or confidential relationship now exists between the Festival and entrants, and entrants further acknowledge that no such relationship is established by these guidelines, my submission of the Film, or by the Festival’s acceptance, review or retention of the Film.
By submitting to the Festival you agree to be included in any AniMAtic Boston promotional material (newsletters, flyers, media, etc.).
Rules and Guidelines:
1) Animated films (of any length/genre) must have been completed during the 2018-2019 academic year of any college or university in Massachusetts.
2) Entrants confirm and warrant that they have the required legal authority to submit the entry into the festival and to use all music, images, and content in the entry.
3) Films must be submitted digitally via FilmFreeway
4) Massachusetts Animated Student & Senior Thesis Film Festival is only accepting completed works at this time; no works-in-progress will be considered.
5) The deadline for all submissions is July 1st, 2019. Late entries will not be considered.
6) Each submission will be reviewed by a team of AniMAtic Boston judges.
7) All entrants will be notified regarding inclusion in the Festival by early September at the latest via www.filmfreeway.com. A member of the Festival committee will also notify each Official Selection entrant by email.
8) All judging decisions are final.
9) Submissions that are found to have violated any of the Eligibility Requirements listed above may be disqualified at any time by the Massachusetts Animated Student & Senior Thesis Film Festival.
10) Submission fees are non-refundable and will not be waived for any reason. If a submission is not selected or disqualified, entrants will not receive a fee refund.
Prizes and Awards:
11) Award winners are selected by the attendees of the screening on October 5, 2019.
12) All attendees to the screening will receive one ballot with every film listed on it. Attendees will be able to mark off their Top 3 choices.
13) Award Winners and Prizes will be announced that evening, shortly after the screening of the films.