The Vegan Film Festival is an advantageous celebration of unique storytelling and compassion, located in one of the world's most liveable cities - Adelaide, Australia.
Brought to you by the organisers of the world renowned Vegan Festival Adelaide, this Film Festival elevates another platform for pioneering artists to share their visions of a sustainable world, inspiring stories of kindness and food to live for. Audiences arrive intrigued and leave inspired.
With Vegan being one of the fastest growing social justice movements world-wide, there has never been a better time to gather audiences to celebrate victories in animal rights, and share inspiring stories to encourage others to take actions that not only benefit animals but our environment and health too.
As well as the film screenings the Festival includes:
+ Filmmaker Panel Discussions
+ Networking Opportunities
+ Opening Night Social Event
We accept film submissions of all genres and lengths with preference to films completed within the past 18months and not already publicly available.
Grand Jury Award
Presented to the best film in the festival as scored by a jury of experts.
Presented to the best film in each category as voted for by the audience at the cinema after screenings.
1. By submitting a film to the Vegan Film Festival the person submitting the film (hereafter referred to as the "Applicant") is confirming they have read, understood and agrees to all of the 12 Rules and Terms described below and indemnifies and holds harmless the Vegan Film Festival, together with any of their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, creative advisors, jury members and representatives (collectively, "Vegan Film Festival Related Parties") from and against any and all claims, losses, liabilities, damages, fees and expenses that may be asserted by any person or entity, or maybe incurred by the Festival, or any Vegan Film Festival Related Parties, at any time in connection with a submitted film to the Festival.
2. By submitting a film to the Vegan Film Festival the Applicant confirms they are duly authorized, on their own behalf and on behalf of all other persons or entities who have any ownership rights or interests (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights) in or relating to the film submitted to exhibit the submitted film at the Festival. The applicant confirms the screening of the submitted film at the Festival will not violate any law or any right or consent of any person or entity; and the submitted film is not subject to any litigation, arbitration, or other adversarial claim or proceeding, nor is the submitted film the subject of any threat of litigation, arbitration, or other adverse claim or proceeding.
3. All submissions must be submitted no later than midnight 1st February 2021 by uploading to the Vegan Film Festival account at FilmFreeway.com. Registration to FilmFreeway is required to submit your film.
4. Applicants must submit film(s) in English or with English subtitles.
5. Submission fees do not guarantee acceptance into the Festival program and are strictly non-refundable. Submission of the film neither imposes nor creates any obligation or responsibility on the part of the Organisers, the Festival, or any Vegan Film Festival Related Parties to provide Applicants or related parties with comments, feedback or other information pertaining to the viewing or consideration of the film by the Festival for possible inclusion in the Festival. Preference is given to films completed within the past 18months and not already publicly available.
6. Applicants submitting films with a total length of over 40 minutes, it must be submitted as a Feature film. If the film's total length is under 40 minutes, it must be submitted as a Short film.
7. Applicants submit their film under the most relevant category. The organisers of the Festival reserve the right to make the final decision on the category most appropriate for each film if selected for the Festival. Films of all genres and lengths are welcomed to submit with preference to films completed within the past 18months and not already publicly available, including on online streaming platforms and dvd.
8. All Applicants are required to complete a FilmFreeway press kit and are encouraged to submit an edited trailer for their film (maximum length of 3 mins) for use in marketing and advertising of the Vegan Film Festival. Trailers may be submitted upon a later date if accepted.
9. The Applicant gives the Organisers of the Vegan Film Festival full permission to publicly screen their film in any venue or format deemed appropriate by the Organisers and use any and all images and information provided in the press kit in marketing and advertising of the Vegan Film Festival.
10. The Organisers of the Festival retain the right to ask Applicants to edit content for the Festival approval. This may include (but not be limited to) misspellings, factual errors, or content deemed too explicit for Festival viewing, additional screenings and/or rebroadcasts, whichever occurs first.
11. The Applicant agrees to provide up to date contact information of the director(s) and producer(s) of the film.
12. The Organisers reserve the right to change the date and venue of the Festival under special circumstances. All Applicants will be informed about any changes through our online platforms. The organisers reserve the right to update/change the rules and terms.