VOID is an animation festival based in the beautiful capital city of Copenhagen, Denmark.
During ten days at the end of January, VOID screens animation for adults and young adults - not for children.
VOID is part of a growing community of animation lovers, producers and professionals, and we screen not only the best in animation that we can find world wide, but also that which dares to be different. We aim to push it, crush it and inspire the next generation of animated filmmakers to be not only tech savvy and into their craft, but also daring, exploring and personal.
Every year, we curate experiences with animation outside the screening rooms, so if you want us to take your virtual reality, visuals, computer game or installation into consideration, we are open. If you are not able to submit it via FilmFreeway, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The fourth edition of VOID is taking place on Jan 24 - Feb 2, 2019, and will feature screenings, international guests, seminars, events, awards, and parties.
The name VOID refers to the blank canvas, the empty space, from which directors, animators and artists create entire worlds of pure imagination.
The name also refers to the gap in the programming of Danish cinemas. Aside from big budget hits, animated films very rarely get a shot at the big screen. VOID works with the best cinemas, venues, and locations in Copenhagen to create all types of animated experiences.
The festival's primary film screening venue will once again be the Cinematheque at The Danish Film Institute in downtown Copenhagen.
Audience Award (shorts only)
Graduation Film Award
Lejf Marcussen Award
- Submission of a film implies that the submitter is the holder of the rights for the film, and that no rights for all or parts of the film are in dispute. Submission also implies that the submitter will be willing to screen the film a maximum of three times during the festival.
- VOID accepts all forms of animation - including works of fiction, music videos, commissioned and documentary works - but we do not accept films made for children. Projects that feature both animation and live action or other elements are eligible for consideration, as long as the animation carries a substantial weight in either story or style.
- The festival organizers reserve the right to dismiss any film that is deemed as being aimed primarily at a young audience or as not falling under the umbrella of animation. This decision is final and at the discretion of the festival.
- Films/projects must have been completed after January 1st 2018.
- Films/projects must be available for screening in a cinema quality copy no later than October 1st 2019.
- In case the film is selected, we would ask you to provide it in DCP format. We might offer you a discount for the changing the format.
- Films must be Copenhagen premieres. Danish premieres preferred.
- Any submission fees are non-refundable.