THE ANIMATION SHOWCASE
The animation Showcase is a curated quarterly screening event, based in London and travel in Europe and America once a year with its special Best Of the Year selection. The animation Showcase helps to promote animated films and its filmmakers in the world, and bring it to the creative industry, animation studios and general audience.
"The animation Showcase" was founded by Benoit Berthe Siward in December 2015. Since it first event, The animation Showcase welcomed top animation from around the world and many of the projects screened and premiered there, have gone on to win numerous awards — including Oscars. Notable titles include “Borrowed Time” (Academy Award Nominated), “Garden Party” (Academy Award Nominated) and “Piper,” (Academy Award winner in 2016). Every Year four of the five films Nominated for the Academy Award for Animated Short Film, are spotted and screened at The animation Showcase. More information : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_animation_Showcase
We are looking for animated projects from all over the world:
• Animated Feature Films
• Animated Short Films
• Animated Student Projects
• Animated Music Videos
• Animated Commercials, PSAs & Self-Promotion
• VFX Short Narrative
• Game Cinematics & Trailers (real-time or pre-rendered)
• Computer animation (2D & 3D)
• Traditional animation
• Stop-motion animation
• Live action shorts including VFX
• The quartly event is mainly screened in the Private member club Shoreditch House, (East London Soho House branch) and Soho Works (Soho House Co-Working Space).
• The Best of the Year Screening is screened in the high standard theater of all the main Soho House in the World (Berlin, London, New York) and travels in major Animation Studios in Europe and America as : - Pixar animation Studio (San Francisco), Blur (Los Angeles), Disney (Burbank), Dreamworks (Los Angeles), Blue Sky (New York), Cartoon Network (London), Psyopp (New York), Nexus (London)
Best known in London for creating free tickets events Showcasing the best of the animated creation in private clubs, animation studios and startups, The animation Showcase also provide all sort of services to help directors, producers, project holder, studios and organizations to promote their work to the creative industry.
- The winner of the Best of The Year selection will get a Prize of a value of 5000$ of a consulting & strategy package to accompany the film in its Oscars Campaign.
- Each Filmmakers selected in the program that are attending and participating to the Q&A panel will enjoy a Prize of a free dinner at Shoreditch House (Soho House east London Branch) of a total value of 200£ the night of the event.
- Each Film projects selected in the program will benefit a special push from strategists to help increase its visibility and distribution.
- PRICE: All (EarlyBrids Deadline) Admissions are Free
- MEDIUM: Only animation, Live including animation and Experimentals films are accepted in all styles, mediums, and genres.
- LENGHT: mainly Short under 30 minutes, Long Form accepted.
- RESOLUTION: HD digital files, 1080 or more preffered, 720p accepted.
- ATTENDING: London Living
- RIGHTS CLEARANCE: If the film submission is accepted into The animation Showcase, the entrant grants a non-exclusive, royalty free license for use for theater screening, and to publish excerpts in print or electronic media to promote the event in any and all media. The filmmaker must secure all rights and clearances. Foreign films must be submitted in English or with English subtitles.