SFR Short Film Festival celebrates the best of international short films.
ALL submissions WHETHER SELECTED OR NOT get reviewed on the Short Film Reviews website, with a link to your screener (activated when you want).
This unique “buy one get one free” makes SFR a must for your festival strategy. Everyone’s a winner!
The best of the best will be recognised with awards at a Gala Banquet .
WHAT YOU GET
- Entry into festival, and a chance to win an award (see below)
- Priority invitation to Gala Awards Banquet
- Potential feature review in the SFR podcast
- Online review and screener link - all entries
- Promotion via our social media links - all entries
- Mention in our blog - all entries
The festival will be in London in June 2019, with live screenings and Awards Gala, Q&As and panel discussions / masterclasses, and networking opportunities.
It will be held at the 5-star Courthouse Hotel, with its own 200-seat cinema. The Courthouse is located In the heart of Shoreditch, London’s most vibrant, diverse, and creative quarter, right next to central London.
St Paul’s Cathedral, the Tower and Tower Bridge, the Museum of London, and the infamous Jack The Ripper Museum, are just a short walk away. London’s array of shops, galleries and theatres are close too, and of course the whole magnificent city is easily accessible by bus or train.
There are hostels and budget hotels nearby, and a global array of restaurants and cafes to suit every taste, diet and pocket.
Awards will be given for:
- Best in each genre: Drama, Horror, SF, Crime/Thriller, Comedy, Children’s, Documentary, Animation, Other.
- Best Film
- Best Student/First film
- Best Short Short (under 5 minutes)
- Acting: Female role, Male role, Female under 20, Male under 20.
- Make-up & Costume
- Sound Design
- Short films must be under 30 minutes long
- Narrative, documentary and animations are welcome, but not music videos
- Premiere status is not required, and films may have been screened online
- Material we deem illegal, pornographic, or inciting violence or hatred will not be accepted, and fees will not be returned in this event.
ONLINE REVIEWS FOR ALL SUBMISSIONS
- To have a screener on the SFR website films must be (or intend to be) hosted on YouTube or Vimeo. (Exceptions, eg films on paid platforms, will be accepted, but we can't embed a screener.)
- Review/screener can be activated or deactivated when the submitter states. Fees will not be returned in the case of deactivation.
- Reviews will be published and retained online for two years, with an optional screener.
- SFR aims to be positive, fair and independent in reviewing and rating films, and will not consider correspondence, except for errors of fact.
- Details of delivery formats and deadlines will be sent with notification of selection
- Submitters are strongly encouraged to provide a poster-format image or still by email to accompany the review; and selected films must do so.