For 28 years, PBIFF is unlike any other film festival in America. We are renowned for showing filmmakers a good time with our parties and special events.
PBIFF has unique partnerships with leading film festivals.
For the 28th PBIFF in 2023, a number of changes are in store. The “New”, revamped Palm Beach International Film Festival, will be a destination for distributors and exhibitors to screen films and meet filmmakers. We've formed a unique partnership with international and domestic distribution outlets, along with independent theater owners and film bookers from around the World. This makes us unique among film festivals as not only do filmmakers have the opportunity to have their work shown at PBIFF but also get a theatrical run at commercial movie theaters, including our own.
The presence of filmmakers from around the world, along with patrons and press and Cinephiles from around the globe, help ensure PBIFF’s place as one of America’s top film festivals.
PBIFF’s prizes include Jury Awards in four competition categories: Best Narrative Feature, Best Documentary Feature, Best Short Film, Best Horror Feature and more. The audience selects the People's Choice Award for Best Film. There is also a special award for Best Local Film. Winners receive an engraved glass plaque and cash prize.
Please indicate the PREMIERE STATUS of your film, e.g. World, US, Florida, Palm Beach County, etc. and include this information with your submission. Please advise us if there is a change at any time. Also please indicate the COUNTRY OF PRODUCTION, LANGUAGE(S), and TOTAL RUNNING TIME (at time of submission). Please include this information in your FilmFreeway online submission details.
1. This film is available to screen between April 21st-28, 2023.
2. This film is not subject to litigation nor is it threatened by litigation. I am duly authorized to submit this film to the Palm Beach International Film Festival (“The Festival”) and its Competition, if applicable, there are no contractual restrictions or prohibitions on the tender of this film to the Festival and the ability of the Festival to screen this film and show it to the general public.
3. The Festival will not be held responsible for any inclusion of uncleared materials in your film. It is the sole responsibility of the entity submitting the project to secure permission from the copyright holder of the material in question, whether it is music, stock footage, or any other elements that could violate an existing copyright. I hereby warrant that all consents and permissions have been obtained from all persons, actors, producers and copyright holders for the aforementioned material and all other components included in the film. I hereby agree to defend, indemnify and hold the Festival and its officers and directors harmless from all liabilities, claims, demands, causes of action and damages including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs arising from any breach of this Agreement by me or the Company and any intellectual property infringement actions arising from the Film, the actors and content therein.
4. I HEREBY HOLD THE FESTIVAL AND ITS DIRECTORS AND OFFICERS HARMLESS FROM DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF THE PRINT EN ROUTE OR OTHERWISE DURING THE COURSE OF THE FESTIVAL’S POSSESSION OF THE FILM AND AGREE TO PROVIDE THE FESTIVAL A PRINT OF THE FILM AT MY OWN RISK AND/OR PROVIDE MY OWN INSURANCE TO COVER LOSS AND/OR DAMAGE OF THE PRINT.
5. Competition Entries only - Should this film win an award for any of the categories listed on this submission form at The Festival, I am authorized and/or empowered by all parties legally representing this film to receive any awards.
6. I agree that all materials will be sent prepaid and understand and agree that neither fees, submission videos, nor materials will be returned whether or not my film is accepted.
7. I understand/agree that acceptance of my film does not guarantee airline or hotel accommodations for talent or production crew and no costs or expenses shall be tendered by the Festival unless the Festival in its sole discretion elects to tender the expenses.
8. I UNDERSTAND/AGREE THAT THE COST OF SHIPPING AN INCOMING PRINT TO THE FESTIVAL MUST BE PAID BY THE ENTRANT OR PREVIOUS FESTIVAL.
9. The Festival must be notified of return routing information no later than March 20, 2023. Exhibition copy can be released directly to filmmaker following its final screening and completion of release paperwork.
10. I understand/agree that the number of screenings, days, and venues are at the sole discretion of The Festival.
11. If The Festival accepts my film, I agree to provide for The Festival duplicate screeners of the submission screener for press reviews at my sole cost. I also understand and agree that I will be charged for a morning theater rental should I choose to arrange for my film to be shown to the press theatrically. Only select films will be shown to the press prior to the festival.
12. All information included on this submission application will be utilized in the program guide and the website. Any corrections must be received in writing by March 1, 2023. Changes will not be made after this date. The Festival will not be responsible for handwritten interpretations or typos.
13. We will not transfer PAL format for viewing – only forward NTSC format.
14. The Festival has the right to disqualify any film whose premiere status has changed from the status listed on this submission document.
15. The Festival reserves the right to change screening times and locations at their discretion. I acknowledge that the Festival has not tendered to me any representations or warranties regarding any screening of my film, success of my film, any prizes, awards or any other compensation.
16. Should your film be accepted by a distribution company and be ineligible for screening during the Palm Beach International Film Festival, we must be notified no later than February 24th, 2023.
17. Your film will also be ineligible for inclusion in the 2023 festival if your film has screened at any other film festival in Palm Beach County and Broward County.
18. Films being entered must not have been broadcast (TV or internet) or exhibited commercially in the U.S. prior to The Festival.
19. The Parties acknowledge that a substantial portion of negotiations and execution of this Agreement occurred or shall occur in Palm Beach County, Florida, and that, therefore, without limiting the jurisdiction or venue of any other federal or state courts, each of the Parties irrevocably and unconditionally agrees that any suit, action or legal proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be brought exclusively in the courts of record of the State of Florida in Palm Beach County or the court of the United States, Southern District of Florida.
20. If any legal action or other proceeding is brought for the enforcement of this Agreement, or because of an alleged dispute, breach, default or misrepresentation in connection with any provisions of this Agreement, except as set forth herein, the successful or prevailing Party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney's fees, court costs and all expenses from the non-prevailing Party even if not taxable as court costs (including, without limitation, all such fees, costs and expenses incident to appeals), incurred in that action or proceeding, in addition to any other relief to which such Party may be entitled.
21. THE FESTIVAL IS A NOT-FOR-PROFIT 501 (c)(3) ORGANIZATION AND WILL NOT PAY SCREENING FEES OF ANY KIND IN ANY AMOUNT. NO EXCEPTIONS.
PALM BEACH INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL (PBIFF) OFFICIAL COMPETITION INFORMATION
1. There is no additional fee if your film is selected for official competition. 10 films per category will be selected for juried competition by a select programming committee. Competition winners are selected by a panel of judges. Competition categories are the following:
Best Narrative Feature
Best Documentary Feature
Best Horror Feature
Best Short Film
2. All feature films shown at the PBIFF (opening and closing films excluded) will be included in the competition for the People’s Choice Award.
3. You agree to the following information if you would like to have your film eligible for selection as an official competition film.
I am submitting my film for eligibility for selection into the official PBIFF film competition, and am aware there will be a maximum of 10 films per category selected.
4. If you DO NOT WANT to be included in the official PBIFF film competition, please notify us in writing in your online submission form or via email at email@example.com.
We will notify you by March 17, 2023 if your film has been selected for inclusion in the 2023 Palm Beach International Film Festival. We will contact you. Please do not contact the festival office. You must agree to this Terms of Submission Agreement for your submission to be complete.