The award-winning 3rd Annual Ogden Film Festival's mission is to showcase quality films from filmmakers around the world. The event takes place in the scenic ski town of Ogden, Utah, from November 7-9, 2019.
We always encourage our filmmakers to come to the Festival, engage in Q&A sessions with audiences following their screenings, network with peers in the peaceful surroundings and immerse themselves in the pleasures of small-town Ogden. Keep up with all the developments for the 2019 Ogden Film Festival at ogdenfilmfestival.org and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Our screens and stages have showcased talent from filmmakers like Chris Burkard (Under an Arctic Sky), Mark Maxey (Up to Snuff), and many others. If you're looking for a festival with wonderful venues, beautiful scenery, and a focus on the filmmaker experience then submit your film today. Check out our reviews from filmmakers and attendees to understand why this festival should not be missed.
New for 2019:
• More screenings
• More venues
• Filmmaker Panel(s)
• More networking opportunities & parties
The Ogden Film Festival is a place for filmmakers to showcase their talent to audiences in the famous 800-seat, historic cinema venue — Peery's Egyptian Theater.
When Paramount Pictures founder William Hodkinson first sketched the mountain peak logo that has since become one of Hollywood’s most recognizable emblems, he said it was in “memory of his childhood home in Utah.” Hodkinson grew up in Ogden and eventually opened the first movie theater in the city. Within a few years, the Ogdenite changed the way movies were produced, distributed, exhibited and has been called “The Man Who Invented Hollywood.”
The Ogden mountains that inspired Hodkinson to reshape Hollywood are proof that talent and inspiration can be found in the most unlikely of places, that artists are only bound by their determination.
Our first year we received a coveted Best of Utah Award from Salt Lake City Weekly.
• We will be announcing awesome sponsor prizes and giveaways you won't wanna miss!
• Special prizes for the Audience Award Winners which will be voted on and awarded during the live screenings.
Previous year's winners received awards, cash and prizes like Official Selection trophies, a year-long subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud ($600 value), bags from Peak Design and Case Logic, GoPro, and more!
By submitting your film you have read and agreed to all festival rules and terms and conditions.
1. By submitting your film via FilmFreeway you acknowledge that the festival will not pay to present your work.
2. We highly encourage all works being submitted as an online screener (Vimeo preferred), if an online screener is not an option we will also accept submission on DVD (region 1 or 0).
3. Online screeners MUST have working passwords throughout the submission process. It is your responsibility to notify us if any changes are made.
4. If submitting on DVD, entries must be postmarked by the deadline date of the entry period in which a film was submitted. (For example, if you submit a film on the early deadline date, the film must also be postmarked as sent on that date.) Screeners will not be returned. Please do not send self-addressed stamped envelopes. Label your mail in submission with 'Attn: Ogden Film Festival'
5. We do not discriminate against films that are available to the public online, but encourage original works.
6. Works in progress are accepted. While you may submit the final cut up until the late deadline, your original submission should be a fair representation of your final piece. Please include information as to what still needs to be completed (color correction, score, etc.) in your film file or on your cover letter.
7. All works selected must be available by October 1, 2019 for inclusion in the festival.
8. Ogden Film Festival does not issue refunds for submissions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By entering your film for consideration for the 2018 Ogden Film Festival, you authorize that your work is cleared for festival exhibition and accept full legal responsibility for the intellectual property therein. Entry into the festival constitutes permission to exhibit your work at the 2018 Ogden Film Festival. The Ogden Film Festival is also hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless the Ogden Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered. The Ogden Film Festival may opt to withdraw your work from the festival at any time for any reason. By submitting your film via FilmFreeway you acknowledge that the festival will not pay to present your work. Ogden Film Festival reserves the right to disqualify any submission without refund of submission fees. Ogden Film Festival does not issue refunds.
Submissions for the Ogden Film Festival should go through https://filmfreeway.com/festival/OgdenFilmFestival
Response from festival:
Thanks for leaving a review Lindsay! We are working to create more networking opportunities for next year with a multi-day festival. This year the schedule was jam-packed with screenings, but we know how important the networking component is, so it will definitely be a bigger part of the schedule next year. Thanks again!